Locking down a box ... help needed

RossB

hi guys

I have a customer who is causing me no end of problems - he keeps deleting things off the box and generally messing about with things - is there anyway I can lock down all options apart from allowing him to use the TV / IPTV plug in ? So far he has deleted his line / turned off his cam / removed his bouquets its constant from him !! He called me today to say all he can get now is BBC one !! He's on his way to drop it off and I am fed up of him asking all the time - basically

Lol take it he can't FTP at least?! There's a plugin few use on here to hide menus. That may work? PM Willo if stuck finding it

Menusort it's called but think it's only in the ATV feeds so if VIX you'd need to find and FTP it in. There's also pluginhider I believe which is self explanatory lol

Is it worth the hassle now buddy. I've had loads of clients like this over the years. There's only so much patience you can have with a person. I'll usually give it two call outs and then if there still doing stupid I then cut them off for good. Usually when they hear that there going to be charged for calł they stop there bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a pain in the ... I will try the latest version of ATV and plugin hider he can have access to the channels and iptv ... surely can't break anything .... waiting on him dropping the box off to see what he's done this time

Just tell him if it happens again you will take the box back,Had one guy who i went to 8 times and 3 times it was just unplugged,Not one time was there a problem,getting drunk and messing about so in the end i cut him off

Just tell him if it happens again you will take the box back,Had one guy who i went to 8 times and 3 times it was just unplugged,Not one time was there a problem,getting drunk and messing about so in the end i cut him off

Too right. When there drunk it's something different altogether. See the problem is some people want something for nothing.And the same people think they own you because they got a box from you.No no no can't be doing with this.

I never put iptv player on them either as if it stops working they are on your case,Just keep it to a basic sky/virgin skin,7 day epg,tv and recordings,Only plugin i add is dream explorer for my needs,The less on the box then the less they play with

Totally agree. I once had a problem with sound in a nite club in Dublin the dj just wouldn't obey the rules regarding levels after trying a few things we had one option left to stop him messing with the settings I opened the pioneer djm mixer and put a bar right across the channels so he couldn't push the levels any more. And I also glued the pots on the channel gain. So at the end of the day he didn't listen and just kept messing around. So measures were taken.

Back