long channel change delay

yamm

Hi all, last weekend I lost all channels which my provider got running again within a couple of hours.
Up until that point everything had been working well. Once all the channels were back up I found I had a 90 second delay between channel changes.
I contacted my provider who told me that all was working as it should be and that I was the only one with a problem.
I was using a zgemma h2s with the latest openatv and WB infinity. I had made no changes to either setup or software but now I have the 90 second delay between channel changes.
To check if it was the box, my brother has loaned me his gigablue quad 4k which I've setup with openatv and WB infinity and I have all my channels and the delay has come down to 30 seconds between channels.
I've trawled this site and many others to try to find an answer before I posted this and I've seen posts about timeshift settings, memory size, processor speed and resolution settings and I'm still drawing a blank.
I use xtream editor to load my line and epg and its never been an issue.
I will say that my provider has always been spot on and extremely helpful with any issues and a friend has a line with the same provider using a h2s with the same software and he has no problem with his since the channel loss.
Could one of you fine folks share some wisdom with me cos I've not got a bloody clue what happened.

It sounds like a provider issue if its slow on two different boxes.
Is it the channel change, or is it waiting for the picture to load once the channel has changed which is slow ?

It sounds like a provider issue if its slow on two different boxes.
Is it the channel change, or is it waiting for the picture to load once the channel has changed which is slow ?
thanks for the reply.
I select a channel either next one up or down or from the epg, screen goes black and 3 seconds later the blue circle comes on for a few seconds, the epg flashes briefly at the bottom of the screen and 30 seconds later the channel comes on.

Back