Longtime Wooshbuild Customer. Is Wooshman still active here?

ABM completes a scan within a minute or two but EPG with VOD section ticked can be 40+mins, without VOD it's only about 5 mins if that so the only difference you would see is the box would be slow or none responsive IF you were to use the box while it is pulling in EPG but this would be more relavent to mipsel systems as they have less resources to start with, outside of this you wont notice anything unless the problem lies within the process of getting the EPG which is entirely possible as the system could be left hanging while it waits for a response from the EPG/Source software.

do you have EPG set to clear/erase before importing new? a pure guess given you had an 'erase' error but it could just as easy be the system ram not dumping handled packets
Is it better or not to have the EPG set to clear / erase before importing new files?

EPG can change as the week progresses so things get moved around to suit & then EPGimporter needs to catchup so pulling in a fresh EPG each day is a good idea, clear or not is personal choice & should have no impact on the system, its ether pulled in fresh or overwritten depending on which settings you select.
My response to Pablo was more grasping at straws so to speak than a tech reply.

Thanks for all the help folk's. The funny thing here is that I watch **** all TV and the odd crash would not bother me at all.
I look after a few Sat boxes for family and friends and it's the end of the world when they have to get off the couch and reboot a box!!
:sunglasses:

So made the following changes last night to try and resolve the nightly freezing issue on my H7s.

- Deleted all unused bouquets in the Sat FTA and IPTV to reduce number of channels.
- Disabled EPG import on VOD TV Series and Movies. Did this in the plugin and Source file in the EPG Importer plugin.
- Disabled Import after Reboot.
- Enabled Clear EPG before Import.

Ran a manual import and the number of events reduced from ~690,000 to ~56,000
Auto EPG Import was set to run at 3am but set ABM update to 9am.

Checked the box at 6am before work and it was working fine with no freezing after the nightly EPG update.
Will give it a few more days before I pop the champagne so fingers crossed (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use jedimaker I stopped i selecting vod and series a few years back now I use xtreamity for vod and series using zgemma h9 combo and only 5 mins between importing ABM, Jedimaker and Epg Importer. Even used same setup on zgema h2s but with 10 mins in between.

Back