Looking for a bit of help with my oipenbox!

lfcbill

Hello! I have just bought a v8s box and a line from a friend seperetely.

I plugged my box into the satellite dish (sky) and into my router via Ethernet.

I scanned the sattelite for channels and added my line.

Now I seem to be stuck and can only get a handful of channels including paid and fta to work. I believe all the fta channels HD and SD should be working regardless of my line, so that's problem number one. I just keep on seeing the blue information button suing no signal in the centre of my screen.

In the settings my signal seems to be around 45 and 10, when I played with the settings a little bit the signal rockets up and then I'll check later and it will go back down, some channels worked and others stopped working, including paid and fta, but I can never get the full set to work only a small handful. I've tried resetting box, router, checking cable running to dish etc.

Don't know what else to try and my box settings are allover the place as I'm not sure what the default settings for my sky dish are.

Someone has mentioned to me about a biffstick saying that it may fix my problem, but I just thought I'd see if anyone on here has a bit of help!?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

2 things immediately spring to mind; first ensure your channel list is up to date. Either update it via network if you've the latest firmware via the settings menu. Or download it via this forum onto a formatted USB flash dive and upload to your box. Secondly, ensure you're using the original power supply that came with your box!

Thanks for your reply! I wasn't using the original power supply at first but I changed it to the original and updated the channel list and firmware and still not working but when I go back to update the channel list or firmware the option is still there to download it so I'm not sure it installed correctly as I had no confirmation? It just says reboot now and then that's it.

Hi
To check if you have the latest software version.Press menu/ Information.Then at the bottom of the page it should tell you. The latest software is: 3511HD_10_08_2015_06B7.
You did mention your sat dish signal is 40/10 which suggests your dish is out of alignment.Then you say if you mess with the settings it improves.I would go to menu/ antenna setup you should idealy be getting at least 90 signal intensity and the same for signal quality (with some variation of a few percent).
With regard to to the firmware, again in menu/upgrade by network.press ok .It will say OPENBOX_V8SE_3511HD_CMT.So it will always state that if you,ve upgraded over the network to the latest firmware.I believe that is the latest firmware.? Update your TP Prog.
On the surface it sounds mainly dish related,and perhaps you should check the firmware and TP Prog.
Good Luck.
laserguy100

Thanks for your reply mate. Currently at work for a week or so but will cross reference the firmware when I get home.

In regards to the dish my sky box picks up channels perfectly. I have got a 'biffstick' at home waiting so will also try that when I'm home as someone said it could be something to do with my 'lnb voltage'?

If these don't fix it not sure what else I can try :/ perhaps a new box.

It's wierd how every time I mess around with the antenna settings it's like a different set of channels work and the ones that were previously working stop!

Thanks!

Hi
If I were you, I would concentrate on the basics.
1. Make sure your signal is ok from your dish.
2. Put a usb drive into your openbox and dump everything to the usb.
3. Leave the dish settings alone. Make sure they are correct for Sly.
4. Do a single satellite blind scan on Sly 28.2.
5.Make sure your firmware is up to date.You can do this over network.
6.Make sure you update your TP Prog database.
If your still having problems if you can take a snapshot of your dish settings and pm me with attached photo of dish settings.
I would not tamper with your dish settings.Its imperative they are set up correctly. Lastly try your fta channels and see if you can get them all without them going off,or picture breaking up.
Hope this helps.
laserguy100

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 PM ----------

Hi
Further to my earlier advice, make sure your sky dish is set up in the steps below.
1. Sly UK 28A.
2.Transponder=Universal 9750-10600
3.DISEQ.1.0=disable
DISEQ.1.1=disable
4.Motor type.= off.
and your signal strength/quality is stable at a minimum of 90/80.
If it checks out ok. Do a single satellite scan (blind).
Hope that helps.
laserguy100

After a bit of messing around it's finally sorted and working, think it was mostly down to the wiring to my dish! thank you all for your help :)

Back