Looking for an All In One Printer with cheap ink refills

36red

Bought a Canon MG4200 printer a few years back but the cost of ink is ridiculous and I mean compatible ink.
I got some ink bottles and tried to refill the cartridges as shown on the net but the printer isn't having it.
Am cheesed off with all this faffing around and have decided to buy a new printer.
Any advice fellas?

When home schooling started bought
H.p Envy photo 7134 Great for all tasks
Signed up to instant ink for quick deliveries
Of ink supplies

I have a HP printer and a "HP instant ink" plan. For £1.99 a month I can print up to 50 pages and when the cartridges are running out I automatically get new cartridges sent at no extra cost. Printer was about £45 a few years back.
I have the same printer and Instant Ink plan and it suites me just fine, and the delivery of ink is spot on. A bit spooky that they even know that your printer is running out of ink though :unsure: I wonder what else they know lol!

Lazer printers are the best for printing. Toners last so LONG compared to normal ink cartridges.

But they are expensive that's downside. But long run it is worth it. If you are heavy printer you should go down this route.

You can try to get remanufactured ink cartridges which are great and cheaper than originals. Jettec is meant to be the best for this.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Many years ago I had an epson photo printer that you could print directly onto dvds and cds. The picture quality on glossy paper was tersific but it eventually failed on me. Remember the ink cartridges could be bought for under a £5 a set. At the local computer fair guys would sell the printers with compatible ink cartridges and take the epson ones out of the box and sell them as they were worth more than the printer! How daft is that. Don't do much printing just the odd document or picture so not a heavy user. I'm told the longer you leave printing the heads dry oput and ink cllogs. I've cleaned the print heads in my clone canon cartridges but the printing is awful still and I'm fed up of wasting time and cash on bottles of ink.
I'm wondering if the actual sponge pads in the printer could be clogged up but don't know how to fix them? Thanks again for all your advice and help chaps.

Lazer printers are the best for printing. Toners last so LONG compared to normal ink cartridges.

But they are expensive that's downside. But long run it is worth it. If you are heavy printer you should go down this route.

You can try to get remanufactured ink cartridges which are great and cheaper than originals. Jettec is meant to be the best for this.
Yes mate was thinking that, I like to see clear black printing on my white paper when doing letters or spreadsheets.

Was reading up on the epson expression home xp-2105 which Argos list at £39.99 but have no stock left. Some cheeky cnut on ebay has bought em all and wants £80 a pop!

HP
I wouldnt buy any other printer tbh at this time,
I just bought another HP a few months ago as my last one died after nearly 10 years
and its only cheapo ones that I have bought

Thanks for the advice fellas. Many years ago I had an epson photo printer that you could print directly onto dvds and cds. The picture quality on glossy paper was tersific but it eventually failed on me. Remember the ink cartridges could be bought for under a £5 a set. At the local computer fair guys would sell the printers with compatible ink cartridges and take the epson ones out of the box and sell them as they were worth more than the printer! How daft is that. Don't do much printing just the odd document or picture so not a heavy user. I'm told the longer you leave printing the heads dry oput and ink cllogs. I've cleaned the print heads in my clone canon cartridges but the printing is awful still and I'm fed up of wasting time and cash on bottles of ink.
I'm wondering if the actual sponge pads in the printer could be clogged up but don't know how to fix them? Thanks again for all your advice and help chaps.

Yes mate was thinking that, I like to see clear black printing on my white paper when doing letters or spreadsheets.

Was reading up on the epson expression home xp-2105 which Argos list at £39.99 but have no stock left. Some cheeky cnut on ebay has bought em all and wants £80 a pop!
They say that for every 2 or 3 sets of compatible ink cartridges put through any printer you should always put a genuine set of cartridges through it, because although most compatible printer ink cartridges can contain more ink, they are mainly water-based. Whilst genuine cartridges are oil based and they also clean and lubricate the print heads to prevent blockages.

If you print photos then it’s best to get genuine cartridges , my kids are older now so I don’t do a lot of printing . I spent about £80 - 100 on mine , it also has a scanner on it and a document feeder for if I am scanning or copying more then a couple of sheets. Spending this extra £40 got me a faster printer as well and things like double sided printing. I now buy the original cartridges because although they are dearer than 3rd party ones , the quality is guaranteed and the difference in cost isn’t as much as it used to be with my old Epsom’s . Mines a canon .

Well I've washed the printer cartridge in solution, cleaned an encode ribbon inside the printer, re filled the ink cartridges.
Red and Blue colours print perfectly, yellow no and black awful.
I have realigned the print heads in the machine through the maintenance procedure.
I am not giving in and won't be beaten by this no way!

Fixed it! ah ah. Just cleaned the clogged up printer heads on the cartridge where the ink had clotted, like brand new.
Excellent.

I did reply a few days ago but for some reason it hasnt appeared., I have used products from print head hospital in the past to do just that. I find their solution to be very good

Excellent.

I did reply a few days ago but for some reason it hasnt appeared., I have used products from print head hospital in the past to do just that. I find their solution to be very good
Aw no worries, thanks for showing an interest I don't use the printer much and wasn't giving in trying to find a fix.

Back