Looking for an telly that supports IPTV and Kodi...

stu22

Didn't know where to put this, please delete if not allowed.

My trusty old Panasonic Plasma TV is starting to play up and I'm in the market for new telly.

I'm looking for advice on getting a SmartTV that can install and run IPTV software and Kodi, so I'm guessing that will be a TV that runs on Android?

My budget is no more than £550, preferable screen size approx 50"

Any ideas guy?

Samsung or LG smart tv will do the job, Can get that via a firestick if you have a decent normal tv

Didn't know where to put this, please delete if not allowed.

My trusty old Panasonic Plasma TV is starting to play up and I'm in the market for new telly.

I'm looking for advice on getting a SmartTV that can install and run IPTV software and Kodi, so I'm guessing that will be a TV that runs on Android?

My budget is no more than £550, preferable screen size approx 50"

Any ideas guy?
Only problem with that is you will be trying to negotiate your IPTV with a TV remote.
Better off with a seperate IPTV box and remote IMO.

Only problem with that is you will be trying to negotiate your IPTV with a TV remote.
Better off with a seperate IPTV box and remote IMO.

I’d have to agree with this, never been a fan of having it on the tv, always preferred a dedicated box.

If that’s not an option then I’d go with LG personally.

Sony android TV is good for this will have all the apps you need but as above remote action is slow, but if that doesn’t bother you then a good device as my old man uses one (y)

Someone told me to go for a Hisense TV as supposedly they all use a raw version of Android and come with Google Play as the app store......well I did and it doesn't.

It seems that my version of the TV is the first model where they have not licenced any of the Google Android features and their own app store is terrible.

I was going to send it back but I really love the picture quality so I've decided to keep it and I've just bought a Firestick 4K.

I don't know why I didn't go with the firestick from day one, it's an incredible wee thing.

Back