Looking for outdoor CCTV

leemoo

Hi guys, I know this isn't the right forum for this but didn't have a clue where else to post this is so please feel free to move this to a more appropriate place.

I know this has been asked time and time again but times change, tech changes and prices change so I think this is always something that needs to be asked every so many months and also the fact that I am looking at getting cctv myself due to some houses being robbed around me.

Ok it needs to be outdoor cameras as the indoor camer I have doesn't work in the night time as the infrared sensors always give off a reflection on the window.
It also needs to be able to have motion detection so it will send me an email and it would be nice to connect to the cameras via the internet when I am not at home.
I need at least 2 cameras but am leaning towards 4 now but its all dependant on price and I want colour and they have to be wired as the wireless signal around me is aweful.
Also not bothered about them having audio either although I think most come with this anyhow.
The price I want to spend is around £150 but willing to go up to £200 if needed. Not a great amount I know but that is the budget I have unfortunately.

I have seen a few on the bay but just not sure when it comes to the compression rates of video and image sensors to name a few.

Are the dome cameras you see for around 50 quid ok? Guessing having one system for all would be best but would they be a viable option?

One other one I seen had starting price of £155 with the following specs :

Model ZMD-DD-SBN4 -4CH H.264 StandAlone DVR
Video Compression H.264
Video System NTSC / PAL
Operation System Linux Based
Video Input / Output BNC 4-Channel Input / BNC 1-Channel Output
Other Video Output VGA
Audio Input / Output RCA 4-Channel Input / BNC 1-Channel Output
Display Frame Rate NTSC: 120 fps @ D1 / PAL: 100 fps @ D1
Display Resolution NTSC: D1 (704 x 480) / PAL: D1 (704 x 576)
Recording Frame Rate NTSC: 120 fps @ CIF / PAL: 100 fps @ CIF
Record Resolution Selectable: NTSC: D1(704 x 480); HD1(704 x 240); CIF (352 x 240) / PAL: D1(704 x 576); HD1(704 x 288); CIF (352 x 288)
Record Mode Continuous / Time Schedule / Motion Detection
Recording Pack Time 15/30/45/60mins Selectable
Simplex / Duplex /Triplex / Pentaplex Pentaplex
Network RJ45, 10M/100M
Net Protocol TCP/IP, PPPoE, DHCP and DDNS
Remote Access LAN or Internet Browsing
PTZ Control RS-485
HDD Interface SATA, Support between 250GB and 2TB
Playback Mode Normal Play /Fast Forward /Fast Rewind/ Frame by Frame
USB USB Backup / USB 2.0
Remote Control IR Remote Control
Power Supply DC12V, 2A
Dimension 300mm (W) x 220mm (D) x 47mm (H)
Model CM-C21606BK - Color IR Bullet Camera
Image Sensor 1/4" Color CMOS
TV System NTSC / PAL
Effective Pixels NTSC: 768 (H) x 494 (V) / PAL: 752 (H) x 582 (V)
Horizontal Resolution 480 TV-Lines
Lens 6mm
Number of IR LEDs 11 LEDs
Infrared Illumination (Night Vision) up to 30ft
Minimum Illumination 0.0 Lux
S/N Ratio 48dB
Video Output 1.0Vp-p, 75ohms
Weatherproof Yes
Operating Temperature -25°F~122°F / -32°C ~50°C
Power 12V DC
Dimensions (W x D x H) 2.9" x 2" x 1.8"
Gross Weight 0.38 lbs
Material Metal Shell

Thanks for your input guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link in our footer to a sponsor for CCTV have some very good package deals, I even bought mine from him and you can connect to it via mobile phone with an app also set it to send out emails on motion, this is the one I got as it suited my needs. Came with more than enough wire to have it in the four corners of the house and the picture quality is spot on. It goes to black and white during the night for better picture.

CnM 4 CAMERA CCTV KIT DVR 500gb HOME SECURITY SYSTEM [Salve500gb 4SonCam] - £249.99 : Home CCTV

Fast shipping turnaround also, I had it the next day when ordered before 1pm.

Thanks for the reply mate will check the site out.

Noticed one on the bay "ZMODO 4 CH Channel DVR Outdoor 480TVL CCTV Home Security Camera System 500GB HD" which seems to have some decent reviews and seems cheaper than some of the others but has the same specs i think.

Still looking at mo though...well till payday anyhow :)

Last edited:
Back