Looking for recordable satellite box options please

Hi Folks,
Looking to pick your brains. We have just bought a caravan that has a satellite dish (quad lnb, twin coax cable but no box!). I already have IPTV but the other half isn't too great trying to use it. So looking for a box that can record one channel while watching another. I did have a zgemma back in the day so was wondering if anything else was possibly available other than the standard freesat boxes. Nothing too fancy or difficult to set up please. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kindest Regards dmctavish1

Hi Folks,
Looking to pick your brains. We have just bought a caravan that has a satellite dish (quad lnb, twin coax cable but no box!). I already have IPTV but the other half isn't too great trying to use it. So looking for a box that can record one channel while watching another. I did have a zgemma back in the day so was wondering if anything else was possibly available other than the standard freesat boxes. Nothing too fancy or difficult to set up please. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kindest Regards dmctavish1
hi most e2 boxes will do, to watch and record you need one with a twin tuner , if you set up a zgemma before its more or less same with all , i am using a octagon sf8008 twin which is a step up from a zegemma and same set up procedure .

Thanks for the info folks! Is there an idiots guide to set this up and is everything available on this? Also what would be the best image options on the build when I buy it or is it better to do this yourself?

Thanks, a bit rusty with the sat line thingy!🤔 Any recommendations would be appreciated.
You can ask in the satellite request thread but no one offers sat lines now I don't think.
You might be better off trying to secure a line before purchasing a box.
Or just get a Freesat box because that's all you'll end up with

Thanks for the info folks! Is there an idiots guide to set this up and is everything available on this? Also what would be the best image options on the build when I buy it or is it better to do this yourself?
Been new or coming back to this you would not go far wrong with the Vix image or a build based on it maybe the williow build.

You can ask in the satellite request thread but no one offers sat lines now I don't think.
You might be better off trying to secure a line before purchasing a box.
Or just get a Freesat box because that's all you'll end up with
I understand your last line, no point in getting the box if the line isn't available. Thanks for your comment.

I understand your last line, no point in getting the box if the line isn't available. Thanks for your comment.
Not sure lines are available for 28.2.
Certainly Euro lines work but unsure if these would work on a fixed dish, maybe @Ferret. can shed some light?

If you want to record Freesat I don't think a dedicated Freesat box would be a good idea thinking about it, probably better with the E2 boxes mentioned above

Back