lost live iptv on xtreamity

mik711

Noticed thiis wekend that i had lost all the live iptv channels on xtreamity. VOD was still there and the chanels were working on the standard epg bouquets. I'm guessing that maybe i need to ftp the password etc. in again but how come VOd still works.
Mik

Noticed thiis wekend that i had lost all the live iptv channels on xtreamity. VOD was still there and the chanels were working on the standard epg bouquets. I'm guessing that maybe i need to ftp the password etc. in again but how come VOd still works.
Mik
go to etc \ enigma2 \xtreamity folder and delete x-playlists.json file.
then reboot gui and then run xstreamity select live channels exit xstreamity and run epgimporter press blue button and tick your xstreamity iptv provider remember to save then select xstreamity iptv provider and press yellow to import current once finished run xstreamity.

I'll give that a whirl when I get home tonight. Any ideas why I would have lost the channels??
Not sure but you said main epg on box was still working you channels are stored in etc\epgimport that is why I said make sure your provider is ticked and saved in epgimporter for xstreamity the same as you would do for jedimaker. You may not even need to delete the x-playlists.json file but that can sometimes get corrupted if deleted xstreamity will make new one when you run it.

Sorry for the wait but work sometimes gets in the way!! I removed the json file but after reboot i just got spinning blue circle so im going to start a fresh barebones image just for iptv with this box in the spare room and i've purchased a zgemma h7s to replace it. I think the h2s was on its limit so hopefully the h7s will play fine and i can use the h2s as a practice box to learn a bit more about them, then I hopefully won't have to ask so many questions on here!

Sorry for the wait but work sometimes gets in the way!! I removed the json file but after reboot i just got spinning blue circle so im going to start a fresh barebones image just for iptv with this box in the spare room and i've purchased a zgemma h7s to replace it. I think the h2s was on its limit so hopefully the h7s will play fine and i can use the h2s as a practice box to learn a bit more about them, then I hopefully won't have to ask so many questions on here!
forget the h2s as practice box once you have the h7s setup even basic image you can back that up and install that image onto another partition and you can then practice all you like you have four partitions to play with. Have you installed internal hard drive or are you going to mount usb thumbdrive.

Also you say IPTV only have you not got TV aerial or satellite dish if not any a lot of money for that h7s and not getting the best use out of it.

IPTV for the h2s sat and freeview and iptv for the h7s. I've been loooking at the posts on here about the different partitions on the h7 but i'd still rather mess about on the old box and find my feet. Your talking to a luddite here.

Back