Lost our family member Daisy

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Sad day today, had to take my dog to vets to be put to sleep.

It needed to be done she hasn't been eating properly, her back legs were going and collapsed last night.

14 years old like family and had her since a puppy. Her sister passed away 3 years ago.

When we phoned up the vets they said they would need to collect her from the car due to covid 19, they brought her back out to us so we could hold her while she fell asleep.

FB_IMG_1592062337721.jpg

This is her with her sister

FB_IMG_1592062930945.jpg

It needed to be done she hasn't been eating properly, her back legs were going and collapsed last night.

14 years old like family and had her since a puppy. Her sister passed away 3 years ago.

When we phoned up the vets they said they would need to collect her from the car due to covid 19, they brought her back out to us so we could hold her while she fell asleep.

View attachment 51972

View attachment 51973
My daughter has an identical Collie , 14yrs old, am dreading him passing. Really sorry to hear about your Daisy, chin up.

That’s the good and the bad thing about having a dog all summed up in the replies, they really do brighten up your day when you’re having a bad one, but then again they are one of the family, go straight out and get another one buddy.

View attachment 51972

View attachment 51973
we took our dil to be put to sleep on monday. i couldnt remember how devestating it was. (weve had other dogs) she was 16 and her back legs were rigid. she got up the stairs ok but on monday her front legs couldnt support her. she also had cushings disease so we were lucky she hung on so long. weve had grief, wondered whether we had her put to sleep too soon and now generally feel pretty empty. im looking forward to the future when its remembering the good times. im so sorry for your loss.

we took our dil to be put to sleep on monday. i couldnt remember how devestating it was. (weve had other dogs) she was 16 and her back legs were rigid. she got up the stairs ok but on monday her front legs couldnt support her. she also had cushings disease so we were lucky she hung on so long. weve had grief, wondered whether we had her put to sleep too soon and now generally feel pretty empty. im looking forward to the future when its remembering the good times. im so sorry for your loss.
Sorry to hear of your loss, best wishes go to you and your family on the loss of your beloved pet.

Really sorry to read about Daisy. I went through the same a few years back when my George's back legs had virtually worn away from arthritis. Poor chap was 14 as well. I know what youre going through and sincerely sympathise.

Back