low intesity signal on dish?

dmenace

Hi guys, recently i have had a few problems with my dish.... at first i thought it was the box or the server but it wasnt, i went up to my dish and the little green light on it is constant with a small flash of red every 6 or so seconds. next to the light it says if it goes red it mean low intensity. i dontr know how this came about as it used to work fine and now it doesnt? so is it possible for some one on this forum to help me out and tell me what i need to do to sort this out? the tv screen reads no signal, but my server says 'ok, working' so can anyone help? thanks guys!

If you have an I-phone there is an app for checking the alignment of your dish. The fact your server is saying ok says your internet connection is good.
The dish could become mis aligned by being hit by a football, a bird hitting it or any other number of reasons.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk 2

Do you by any chance know what the app is called?

---------- Post Merged at 08:22 AM ----------

Found the app. Ill do check the alignment. Is the any chance that the lnb could of broken? I've had it for two months. If so would I need to re install anything if I was to swab it for a new lnb? Or is it just a swap and your box should have all the settings for it? Thanks

doubt its broken unless struck and all cables are also secure,there are so many types and sizes ,if you have to change it will you be adding another satbox in future? if single or double move to a quad lnb?

ive already got a quad on it. just been up and used the app and it was slightly misaligned but not much. im a little confused as its the first time ive played with it. the guy who installed it has done a runner and is avoiding my calls, i want to ring an satellite technician but its very annoying as i dont know any in london. if anyone knows of someone then please let me know. the dish is now pointing towards 28.2e and its still saying no signal. i used the app on the iphone but its not the most accurate. when the guy installed my dish he used some box which he connected up and it looked as if he was aligning it with that. i tried on ebay to find a lnb like mine but there are so many on there, its hard to figure out what mine is and search for that. please guys if you can help it would be very much appreciated. thanks again.

Back