mag 256 problem

brokenback

hello all
i bought a 256 last week & have been reading up on them prior to trying to set it up today [sunday ] i plugged it in put in the ethernet cable from my homeplugs,used a hdmi cable i know to be good as i use it for kodi on a mini pc then powered up the mag box, a screen came on,then it started auto updating,this has been going on for around 2-3 hours now is this usual ???. has anyone any suggestions .my iptv supplier is ok and it is working on a smart tv but this mag box just seems to be doing nothing i wonder if i have got a dodgy box .

Is it still running ? Sometimes boxes freeze on update
I also don't advice the use of homeplugs for boxes as they tend to freeze

Sent from my K10000 using Tapatalk

Mines runs great on them, each morning I reboot the mag box and router and everything great
Yup they need a reboot every now and then , but when they overheat they start losing packets which translate as freezing on your box

Sent from my K10000 using Tapatalk

bought my box from w---d of sat----te as i dont buy from e blag too many snides on there, moved the box to my iptv enabled router and this has helped,but the box still freezes,im gonna move it to the main router and try again see if cutting the middlemen out works

all it,s doing now is cycling from a black tv screen to a blue 1 does anyone have a clue what might be going on,,or should i just set it back to default and try again ??? .

Press the button on the back of the box (hold it in for a few seconds) and let it re boot.

Should sort it out.

cheers bees done that a few times now & all it does is go back to the infomir screen then start auto updating then screen goes off,been doing this since 8.30 ish this morning losing the will to go on,informed the box supplier it,s a 2017 box but that does,nt mean it,s not defective .

could be right mate i have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out if i have done something wrong looked on yout--e read my suppliers mag info asked on here e mailed w,o,s. earlier see what tomorrow brings,,no matter what i have done the thing only gets to updating image,then the screen goes blank or blue,tried resetting umpteen times tried both routers ,homeplugs ect

:(y)::(y)::grin: sussed it out,it was the bloody hdmi cable that did it guv,:(:(funny thing is the same hdmi cable works in my kodi mini pc, thanks for all the help from the site it,s appreciated ,ps it,s now working fine just having fun learning how to use it .

Back