Mag-322 MAG 322 can't record

renzz

I bought one of these a few days ago, and am trying to set up timed recording. I have tried this on two different subs from two providers who both tell me recording is enabled on the server. Basically what happens is, in the EPG for a channel marked with the little red dot in a box (which I think means it's recordable), I press the Red F1 button (on the top row of the remote) and the box pops up for a recording with start/end time, channel, external drive etc and I press the "Start Recording" button - but nothing happens. No red dot appears on the EPG entry and the recording doesn't happen. Also, on the front screen of the portal, I don't have a "Recordings" icon, as described here - How to record on a MAG device?

I've tried using both a USB stick and USB hard drive but it's still the same. I can do a live recording, ie if I'm watching a channel and press the red record button (not the red F1 button on the top row) and it starts recording with the little clock at the top. I get a .ts file on the USB device which I can then play from Media Manager (on the main portal menu).

So, is it possible to do timed recordings on a 322? If so, what am I missing?

Back