Mag-256 Mag box Inner portal problems.

laserguy100

Hi
I recently posted how to upload an m3u file to a mag box in order to view from inner portal.
I uploaded the correct file, ever since when I go to the inner portal and select Iptv channels, my mag box 256 locks up, the remote stays on the Iptv icon. I have to unplug the mag box and reload a portal.
Anyone shed some light on this pls.
Thanks in advance
Laserguy100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I recently posted how to upload an m3u file to a mag box in order to view from inner portal.
I uploaded the correct file, ever since when I go to the inner portal and select Iptv channels, my mag box 256 locks up, the remote stays on the Iptv icon. I have to unplug the mag box and reload a portal.
Anyone shed some light on this pls.
Thanks in advance
Laserguy100.
Hi! This for me seems to be a JavaScript related problem. Do you have SSH access to your box?
If yes, do following steps. We will prepare a debug server which detects any errors at your embedded portal. This requires Linux computer:
  1. Follow section Environment preparation from this guide: https://vps.magboxes.xyz/docs/stb.remote.debug.pdf . If it doesn't work for you, download Web Inspector Remote and install on your PC.
  2. At the output after correct installation find address of your debug server. This will be in format http://<here IP address>:8000.
  3. Connect to STB by SSH. Go to /usr/local/share/app/web (cd) and edit page services.html with vi editor.
  4. On file services.html find the closing body tag and just before it add following:
    Code:
    <script src="(here your debug server address)/target/target-script-min.js#anonymous"></script>
    This will let debug server listen to your actions done on embedded portal.
  5. Enter Web Inspector Remote's menu on your PC by visiting debug server address in web browser.
  6. Restart STB and wait until IP of your device shows in Web Inspector Remote. Click on it when shows. When being in menu, enter Console card.
  7. Now try selecting IPTV Channels and check if anything shows at the console.
Give me please output if any errors will show so we'll write you what to do at next :)

Hi! This for me seems to be a JavaScript related problem. Do you have SSH access to your box?
If yes, do following steps. We will prepare a debug server which detects any errors at your embedded portal. This requires Linux computer:
  1. Follow section Environment preparation from this guide: https://vps.magboxes.xyz/docs/stb.remote.debug.pdf . If it doesn't work for you, download Web Inspector Remote and install on your PC.
  2. At the output after correct installation find address of your debug server. This will be in format http://<here IP address>:8000.
  3. Connect to STB by SSH. Go to /usr/local/share/app/web (cd) and edit page services.html with vi editor.
  4. On file services.html find the closing body tag and just before it add following:
    Code:
    <script src="(here your debug server address)/target/target-script-min.js#anonymous"></script>
    This will let debug server listen to your actions done on embedded portal.
  5. Enter Web Inspector Remote's menu on your PC by visiting debug server address in web browser.
  6. Restart STB and wait until IP of your device shows in Web Inspector Remote. Click on it when shows. When being in menu, enter Console card.
  7. Now try selecting IPTV Channels and check if anything shows at the console.
Give me please output if any errors will show so we'll write you what to do at next :)

Hi
Thanks very much for the problem resolving. I'm not sure if I have an SSH account on my box. What does the acronym stand for pls.
I am very grateful for your help.
laserguy100.

Hi
Thanks very much for the problem resolving. I'm not sure if I have an SSH account on my box. What does the acronym stand for pls.
I am very grateful for your help.
laserguy100.

Hi, SSH stands for Secure Shell. This is a protocol used to connect from computer to other operating system. MAG STBs support it because they run special Linux distro.
Read please about PuTTY program and install it at your PC. Firstly get IP of your STB (e.g. by going to System Settings -> Network Info -> choose either Wired or Wireless, depending on which one you use), then enter it into IP field in PuTTY, leave port 22 and finally connect.

If connection runs correctly, try default credentials: login root and password 930920.

Thank you for all you help in this matter.
My Windows pc is playing up and I don't have a Linux pc.
I think there is a rest on the box, but I'm unsure if this would reset the mag box completely?
Cheers
Laserguy100

Back