Mag box memory

Kielbear

When using a Mag box is there anyway to find out / watch how much memory is / was being used when in operation?

Background: Just curious as one provider always complains that they can´t increase the VOD / series as it would crash the boxes. So i´d like to try and find out how much memory is being used on their system as i know of other providers who have a larger everything and it´s not a problem there.

Thanks

Last edited:
Would it not be in settings then about mate I don't have mag box so just a wild guess like on android phones ect you can go to settings about and all in there

When using a Mag box is there anyway to find out / watch how much memory is / was being used when in operation?

Background: Just curious as one provider always complains that they can´t increase the VOD / series as it would crash the boxes. So i´d like to try and find out how much memory is being used on their system as i know of other providers who have a larger everything and it´s not a problem there.

Thanks

Absolute toss, the memory of the box is irrelevant, all data is stored on the server of your supplier that you access, you do not download anything. My supplier has 18000 movies and 4000 box sets with multiple seasons included and no issues, the issue is your supplier not wanting to increase his sever memory/capacity.

Absolute toss, the memory of the box is irrelevant, all data is stored on the server of your supplier that you access, you do not download anything. My supplier has 18000 movies and 4000 box sets with multiple seasons included and no issues, the issue is your supplier not wanting to increase his sever memory/capacity.

Thanks for confirming what i thought.. I couldn´t ask the provider direct as i´ve had a few email exchanges.. like "he knows best... been doing it for years.. i know what i´m talking about" so i thought about asking anyone who knows what their talking about .. THANKS!

The box has to download the Bouquets and Menus does it not? This can cause older boxes MAG 250 to Freeze up. But I may be wrong. ( I have actually had it happen so believe it to be true.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes MAG 250 is the worst of all.mags.
Better use xtream editor pro to reduce the size of sub and replace the Portal url as suggested by xtream editor panel

Yes MAG 250 is the worst of all.mags.
Better use xtream editor pro to reduce the size of sub and replace the Portal url as suggested by xtream editor panel

Mag 250 was a great box in its day, maybe a little slow in comparison to newer mags, but the original informir 250 was a belter.

Mag 250 still going strong for me in a property in Turkey, works great with full sub and vod.......never had an issue

Mag 250 still going strong for me in a property in Turkey, works great with full sub and vod.......never had an issue
My folks live in Portugal and still use a 250.
If it's not broken dont fix it..My old chaps favourite saying..

No infomir is Russian. They have office in Germany.
As for z7 thr Formuler z8 is more powerful as it has gigabit Ethernet and dual wifi

My z7 is suffice having used z8 is not proportional to the price tag, and the remote controls on both units are the same
(utterly disappointing) having a decent provider is more important than any spec..
The End.

Infomir are based in Germany at Frankfurt am Main.. and have 2 German distributers.. i use HB-Digital for orders/technical issues as they are very savvy and quick to help if they can.

Back