Mag Box Trips TV Off

Hi all, I have a mag256 box and wondering whether anyone was experiencing the same issues or better still solved them. Ok so turning the 'tv' on the mag box will turn on and start ok generally speaking, however I can be watching a programme when for no reason the 'tv' turns off / trips (Samsung Smart), it then restarts the tv I see the programme again for a few seconds then the mag box turns off. I can then spend 10mins more trying to get the two to work together again ie I turn the tv on and the box won't auto power up, or by trying (with the tv on) to manually (remote control - no power switch on the mag) when this fails I then unplug the mag box and an affective reboot, this opens to a page load error - I have established by going clicking on sub it will re-load the page and were winning again, but this can see me right for the rest of the night or it could put me through the same frustrating process again in 5 mins time, I know not why. I have tried a few things - 1) Disconnected my 'other' ethernet lead to the tv from the router (Thinking this maybe tripping the tv off) - 2) Turning the cec off - 3) turning the dhcp off and on again combo's - all no joy. I have just ordered a usb wifi antenna as I think the ethernet plug to port is a bit slack (doubt it will make a difference - but for a fiver thought I'd give it go) If anyone has solved this I would appreciate a reply to the post. Any progress I make I'll post for all. Thanks DeltaBravo89

Where did you get the mag box from. Is it a genuine box. Have you tried the box on a different TV or if you don't have another take the box to a friends house and try it there. At least then you will know if the problem is the box

I am getting a similar problem .some times not all the time when I turn mains light on in the living room the box switches it’s self of then back on after a couple of seconds and returns back to the live Tv page I was watching .very strange any info would be appreciated.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated. I defo have a genuine mag256 (infomir) so that rules that out. My mate has the same box his faults with the hdmi turning the mag box on and off as does mine too (which I believe is a common prob - having read a few posts) his does not trip the tv off though, he has an LG and not a Samsung (though doubt that's the reason / problem - as others with Samsungs would be having the same problem). One notable difference I have too is that before I got the mag box I'd remote turn the tv off and it would turn off instanly with a click sound from the tv, now though the tv hangs (10-20 secs) before the click and it turns off. I can't figure this one, tried numberous setting combo's (inc ethernet lead swapped to usb wifi antenna now) and usually able to troubleshoot. In my mind it has to be a hdmi issue, just can't nail the sucker. Thanks again for your reply.

Hi, If it's tripping with the mains lights it sounds like there's a small power surge but I would think that's more probable with the sockets and not the switches but I'm no electrician, the only question I have to that is where is the mains light switch situated in relationship to the box plug/socket. I'm starting to think these boxes may have a low/high power resistance? Anyone?

Hi
The main light is in the living room and the box is in the living room.
Does sound like some sort of power search.as it is not every time I switch the light off.i was reading a post mentioning it might be the power supply that comes with the box.see post info.i have not got round to trying a new power supply at the moment.

Attachments

• 71DD2F3C-44A9-444F-B590-03B5971DDE6D.jpeg
    71DD2F3C-44A9-444F-B590-03B5971DDE6D.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 29
Back