Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USER SETUP BOX

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cactikid

VIP Member
Running poll to see where boxes were bought like from an original source or ebay etc.

Building up as to why some boxes are working and some not?
If authorities buy a fully loaded box sources maybe seen and blocked hence warning?

Perhaps the boxes that are still working ok are using Portals which haven't yet been blocked?, that is a variable not included in the poll. I imagine, Infomir like many businesses had a complete or partial shutdown over the Holidays and haven't been updating any block list. This announcement is still relatively new, give it a few weeks, and I suspect it will become a wider problem as more and more complaints are made by copyright holders and the list of blocked portals grows.

Had 256w2 bought from registered dealer Had nothing but problems The
box was sent back twice As for informer not very helpful Tried everything possible with the settings

The above has nothing to do with the question.

Chrispy the block list appears to be a bit hit and miss. Some people have reported boxes on the same firmware on the same server some blocked and some not. This seems to point to more likely a MAC block, ( just realised the roll back firmware solves it, so cant be MAC) but as you same the sample is too small at this time to make any real judgement on the cause.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, as others have mentioned elsewhere Infomir aren't going to allow their business to suffer without showing a solution.

Last edited:
Running poll to see where boxes were bought like from an original source or ebay etc.

If authorities buy a fully loaded box sources maybe seen and blocked hence warning?

ber: 8"]Running poll to see where boxes were bought like from an original source or ebay etc.

If authorities buy a fully loaded box sources maybe seen and blocked hence warning?[/QUOTE]
Hi I bought a mag 254 some time ago

Hi I have purchased a mag 254 sometime ago and recently a mag 322 both worked fine when setup by my friend.
Both were from an actual uk seller unlike some listed as UK Stock I have been told some of these are very poor copies,
so be aware!! Also caution advised with eBay Stuff with Moulded unfused 13A plugs as some lack safety devices bearing in mind
they could be potentially connected to a UK 32A ring main," Potential fire hazard".
For safety recommend plugging in using an approved 13A Fused adapter with a 3A fuse fitted to it.
Kind Regards vfr

Back