MAG freezing

sam_9292

Hi guys. Having trouble with my mag 322. Freezes whilst viewing a feed. Sometimes can happen within five minutes of booting other times an hour or so. When it happens the box doesn’t respond to the remote and only a hard reboot works. I’ve read other having similar but cannot get a clear answer on a fix. I’ve tried Different Ethernet/hdmi leads and ports, different router, even a new portal because I thought that may be the issue. No luck :(
Thinking of returning the box as it’s only a few weeks old.
Open to any suggestions and if I was to return the box what would you guys recommend going for.
Thanks

If you was to send it back either get firestick amazon cube or nvaida shield as you've stated quite a few people are starting to have problems with mags freezing locking up can't play vod due to different codec but as @superdark024 has pointed out a device android based your not limited to 1 app there's different ones you can use

Thanks for the input guys. A bit off topic but Regards to fire sticks what app would you guys recommend. I was used to the MAG interface having a mag 250 previously and thought STBEMU would be a good option but would like to know if it runs smooth.

Yes it runs fine,if you send the Mag back take a note of the mac address and use it with stbemu with your portal.

Its a Mag emulater so the first part will stay the same 00:1A:79:??:??:??,the last part you can use what you want.your supplier will tell you if you pick a mac that is in use.

I have had a couple of MAG 322 boxes recently that started to freeze / stutter after having been used with no problems for months. A Hard reset in all cases has fixed this problem. Will agree through that Fire Stick solution with either SMB Emulator or the app provided by supplier works very well

I have had a couple of MAG 322 boxes recently that started to freeze / stutter after having been used with no problems for months. A Hard reset in all cases has fixed this problem. Will agree through that Fire Stick solution with either SMB Emulator or the app provided by supplier works very well
What do you mean by hard reset?

Hi I have a Magbox 254 that kept pausing & not responding to remote,
The only cure was power down & reboot.
I HAVE SINCE FOUND IT TO BE A BUFFERING ISSUE. TO CURE IT home button, settings, advance settings, buffer size, increase to full (15 in my case) ok, home, TV Watch box uninterrupted 👌.
Happy viewing 😀

Hi I have a Magbox 254 that kept pausing & not responding to remote,
The only cure was power down & reboot.
I HAVE SINCE FOUND IT TO BE A BUFFERING ISSUE. TO CURE IT home button, settings, advance settings, buffer size, increase to full (15 in my case) ok, home, TV Watch box uninterrupted 👌.
Happy viewing 😀
Why are you posting on a 2 year old thread i am sure the guy is sorted now :whistle:

I'm certain his & mine is not the only Mag that freezes, when I looked that was the latest thread
So thanks for your concern. But others are out there !!
Well the fact it was over 2 years ago shows nobody else has posted with same issue . Mags are shite and even the manufacturers have switched to android what does that tell you. The mac codes can be hacked and do very often.

So you sit around trawling old threads looking to provide disparaging remarks about threads & people's equipment, do you not work from home or are you one of the many....
I won't go there , but I'm certain that if there actually are others cleverly commenting on 2yr old threads, or perhaps most normal people don't trawl tech sites trying to prove superior knowledge 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

Such thing as alerts from certain threads is how forums work. Wonderful username by the way 😅

Back