Mag replacement

tonyrsv4

What is the best to use instead of mag256 as I'mead to believe that these are outdated now ? What is everyone upgrading too for best freeze free viewing ?

What is the best to use instead of mag256 as I'mead to believe that these are outdated now ? What is everyone upgrading too for best freeze free viewing ?
This subject has been covered many times

My Guide to IPTV

Are you running it via wifi tony

Last edited:
Reactions: PCM
I would say
Buzz vid stick
Buzz XRS4500
Firestick 4k
Formuler z8
Amiko A6
Nvaida shield (over kill for iptv)
All depends on budget all have different specs but you could look at the android based review thread aswell

Depends on your budget. Freezing is more often down to a poor sub, lack of maintenence on your setup, or insufficient speed than the device imo.

Nvidia Shield is widely considered the best device and is priced accordingly. A 4k Firestick is more than capable of meeting your needs and a fraction of the price.

No wired connection
Maybe worth getting it updated and request a couple of trials in the request section and see how you get on.Look for long term members though as people come on here flogging and a few months later gone. Good luck but get your self a vpn in place and set to auto connect for the best connection and you may find it helps big time.

Maybe worth getting it updated and request a couple of trials in the request section and see how you get on.Look for long term members though as people come on here flogging and a few months later gone. Good luck but get your self a vpn in place and set to auto connect for the best connection and you may find it helps big time.
Thanks is updating my mag256 worthwhile and is it an easy job are there any guides on here ?

Hi guys, sorry to hijack the topic but my firestick just died and I was looking to buy a replacement

I've read the topic above but would you recommend a mag box or another firestick?

I had STB EMU on the firestick so I presume they're my only options? I don't think my provider does m3u for all the other android apps

I seem to get a lot of codec errors on the firestick which is the only reason I'm asking

Hi guys, sorry to hijack the topic but my firestick just died and I was looking to buy a replacement

I've read the topic above but would you recommend a mag box or another firestick?

I had STB EMU on the firestick so I presume they're my only options? I don't think my provider does m3u for all the other android apps

I seem to get a lot of codec errors on the firestick which is the only reason I'm asking
Avoid a magbox all together as they are moving to an android platform next year. what is your budget ?

Avoid a magbox all together as they are moving to an android platform next year. what is your budget ?
Ah thanks for the heads up!
In terms of budget... I can get the shield but is it going to have any upside over say a 4k firestick?

Just having a read through now, thanks
Is STB EMU my only options in terms of android app if all I have is the URL and they have my MAC address?
Almost all providers have their own android apps they will send you. Usually just need a user and password typing in

Just having a read through now, thanks
Is STB EMU my only options in terms of android app if all I have is the URL and they have my MAC address?
Either way provider would need to switch your mac code of give you username/password option but loads of these newer boxes use a portal system like the magbox. Best speak to your provider and mention that your looking to update your device and see what they say.Used to be able to convert a mac code to username/password but the new panel software has stopped it being used.

Either way provider would need to switch your mac code of give you username/password option but loads of these newer boxes use a portal system like the magbox. Best speak to your provider and mention that your looking to update your device and see what they say.Used to be able to convert a mac code to username/password but the new panel software has stopped it being used.

He just emailed back and recommend a mag420
Seems to cover all codecs and containers and they seem reasonably priced?

He just emailed back and recommend a mag420
Seems to cover all codecs and containers and they seem reasonably priced?
You will regret buying that box i tell you now. Stay clear of mag devices and try looking on the informir site who make them.Most providers are pulling out of supporting mac code systems quietly for security reasons. Get a high spec android box and you can run mag emulators on those but also run any operating system to stream iptv. I question your iptv provider big time saying that to you.

Advice taken, as I was also going to purchase a mag box until I saw this thread, any recommendations on what android box to purchase on a low budget between £40 and 60£ no fire stick as it is only limited to a wireless connection, I basically want something that would allow me to add a portal url and also connect to my router many thanks...any recommendations??

Advice taken, as I was also going to purchase a mag box until I saw this thread, any recommendations on what android box to purchase on a low budget between £40 and 60£ no fire stick as it is only limited to a wireless connection, I basically want something that would allow me to add a portal url and also connect to my router many thanks...any recommendations??
Cracking box

Amiko A6 4K UHD - Android 7.1 | MYTV | 2.4GHz WiFi OTT IPTV Media Streamer

Back