MAG VPN

midas_dj

Hi all, can anybody advise what the best vpn option is for a MAG256W2, I'm about to embark on a trial with a provider that says I don't need a VPN but cannot guarantee I won't need one in the future but to saves any future headache I'm going to bite the bullet and go down the vpn route option. Now the question is which one? I want one that doesn't massively throttle the speed to the box, it will be a wired ethernet connection. I've read a lot about liberty shield utility am I right in thinking that if I use their service I can only use their vpn through their router? Ideally I'd like something that has a degree of flexibility. It's all very confusing but I'm hoping once I've done this that should be it then. Forum members I would be eternally greatful for any information you could offer.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If you get a decent server you don't need VPN,
personally I would look for a better server than going down the VPN route.

You may find it more expensive but you may also find you add a VPN and the service is no better
as your server hasn't got his end sorted.

How much are you paying for your IPTV sub ?

I would say about £80 per year would be ballpark for a good stable service.

You may find it more expensive but you may also find you add a VPN and the service is no better

I'm trialling a new service today seems bang on so far, real test will be when the football's on this evening. All being well I shall go with it. Cost wise it's £15 p/m

So that should be about right if you pay monthly, it should be fairly decent.

The VPN problem should be sorted at the servers end and shouldn't be something you should need to bother with.

Cheepo servers have the problem as they don't know how to work around it and pass the problem on to their customers, hence the big
VPN debate.

Truth be told I'm not keen on the vpn route but from what I'd previously read it was the only way to get a permanent fix. But I'll continue to try different services until it's sorted. In reality what you say makes sense, it should be up to the provider to ensure there are no footy blocks which is the real problem for me.

Back