Mag256W2 speed test what oyu getting ?

loncell

TK Veteran
I recently bought a Mag256W2 wireless due to getting ethernet cables round the house to the bedroom but I have freezing problems which at first I blamed on the server.
I thought, I bet this wireless is crap so I hard wired it and it's still the same. I did a speed check hard wired on a 150mb line solid as a rock and the Mag256W2 came back at 13mb on the inner and outer portal, wtf's that all about. I checked it against the PC which is also hard wired and the PC came back around 167mb and even my mobile on the WiFi said 40mb.

These test were using the "Speed Test" in the portal so I also tried the net via the browser on the Mag and tried a few different speed checks and they all came back 13 but the odd time it reached 40mb hard wired.

Reason I'm saying this the Mag256 seems awful erratic on speeds when testing and the wired is no faster than the wireless, surely this can't be right.

If you have a Mag256 or a Mag256W2 please try a speed test both wired and wireless and also use the browser to do one and post your speeds. I'm blaming the server when all along it could be the Mag.
Someone else said on here he's having problems with the 256 which got me thinking

Also, what's the latest fw ? Mines showing Jan 2.20 04 256

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I personally found the w1 and w2 boxes wifi really poor so I now buy just standard mags 322 or 256 and use a wifi doingle seem much better.

Also, what's the latest fw ? Mines showing Jan 2.20 04 256

This is the latest firmware so you have the latest but the 322 had a update the other week so I haven't checked my 256 so could be newer version

Last edited by a moderator:
It could just be your router needs refreshing. Turn it off for a full thirty minutes then back on. This will start a new session with your ISP and will clear out any noise you may have picked up.

Turned out to be the server :( utter dog muck. I did request a IPTV and tbh stating no resellers but it filled with users with 1 post and just joined. There was the odd decent one but the rest I'm in no doubt were reselling.

I know one thing since buying it, there are some awful reselling servers out here all trying it for a quick buck. trying to find a good one is getting harder and harder. I requested and my inbox filled , some ok some beggared belief

Back