MAG351 or Formuler Z7+ ?

Moyt

Hi,

MAG351 or Formuler Z7+ ? Purely for IPTV. Or do you recommend something totally different?

Thanks for your input. :)

Hi,

MAG351 or Formuler Z7+ ? Purely for IPTV. Or do you recommend something totally different?

Thanks for your input. :)
the Formuler Z7+ box is a good box it run iptv well and kodi you can have 5 iptv on it EPG is ok love the record function Personally I think it's best sub £90 Box out there

Magbox is best for iptv. But Z7+ is a very good box, if ur provider got blocked by EPL then u would need a vpn on ur router to access channels on magbox.
Z7+ u would only need a vpn app installed on box to bypass the block.

Looks like all roads are leading to z7+ so far.

Just to add needs decent EPG feature, ease of use would help as I'll be setting this up for someone who's no exactly tech-savvy. But once it's set, I'll tell them not to mess about with the settings :grin:

@ianw314 thanks pointing me out to that bargain. :)
I guess at that price there's no comparison now :grin:

I have had the z7+ just over a month great box for iptv, great for kodi with some keymap editing using Kodi's own on screen editor but and its only a small but... apps such as Netflix, UK TV catchup apps etc do not function great with the remote you have to enable the cursor and use the the ch + - to move around the screen. No biggie just annoys my Mrs who in turn annoys me then goes upstairs to use the firestick (happy days)

I have just got a mag 351 in the past couple of months replacing a z7+, the main reason being its more family friendly ie you turn it on and it just does iptv, we have a shield and mibox for games and android stuff.
the 351 isnt cheap but its like a turbocharged 322 epgs and channels load really quickly.
My main gripe about the z7+ is its an expensive box for just one app "mytv online" and there are numerous little annoying issues with disconnects etc which means wives kids etc moan when things buffer or crash or wont turn on
which is a shame as the z7+ is 90% nearly there.
if it was just me i would have stuck with the Formulers quirks
So I love my mag 351 its the best magbox i have owned and i have had a 254,256 and 322, the less said about the 410 i had for a very short time!
But buying boxes is my hobby and i appreciate that some folk can only afford one and need it to do many things plus its easier to put a vpn on a Z7+
But for IPTV only im over the moon with my mag box and i have a vpn router but my isp is a small one so is block free

Got the Formuler Z7+ up and running and I have to say I'm not disappointed so far. Packs a lot for a small box :)
Nice bonus that I can put NordVPN on this which I had no idea about before, so this is a fantastic plus for me. Easy to use so far I'd say, not so straight forward at first but get the hang of things quickly.

Only disappointment is 4K streaming is very laggy. But that's more to blame on my connection if anything, even though the home internet speed averages about 60 Mbps?

Got the Formuler Z7+ up and running and I have to say I'm not disappointed so far. Packs a lot for a small box :)
Nice bonus that I can put NordVPN on this which I had no idea about before, so this is a fantastic plus for me. Easy to use so far I'd say, not so straight forward at first but get the hang of things quickly.

Only disappointment is 4K streaming is very laggy. But that's more to blame on my connection if anything, even though the home internet speed averages about 60 Mbps?
Your mbs should be able to handle 4k, take a look at these settings suggested on the official site see if they help you out.

I love my z7+, only gripe is I don't like the remotes main direction pad.. might look for an alternative
There are a few minor gripes that just stop this box been top of the pile for me. See there was another firmware update available this morning not sure what for mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok now I got the Z7+ configured 'properly' it's working great including 4k UHD VOD which is flawless now. I was aware the z8 is just around the corner, but was in a rush to have someone set up. However it'll be interesting how far apart those boxes will be in performance and features when it's released. Not much of a TV person, but maybe I'll buy one for myself. :grin:

Some quick tips in case anyone else has just got one of these boxes and isn't running too great for them:

- I would go wired via ethernet rather than wireless = really makes a difference for me
- set the buffer on on the IPTV app to 10 seconds
- when using Ethernet connection, set the IP to 'static'
- download the 'speed test' app. Make sure you have decent speeds when you run the test. Getting 40-50Mbps wired, so all good with this set up.
- NordVPN app makes a great difference for me, without this not everything can be accessed for viewing and be sure to connect outside the UK. Love this feature for the Z7+ box. Especially as I'm already with NordVPN.

Any other tips feel free to add.

A solid box for sure, I'm might just have to stick with the Formuler brand from now on.
Cheers for the tips peeps. :)

Ok now I got the Z7+ configured 'properly' it's working great including 4k UHD VOD which is flawless now. I was aware the z8 is just around the corner, but was in a rush to have someone set up. However it'll be interesting how far apart those boxes will be in performance and features when it's released. Not much of a TV person, but maybe I'll buy one for myself. :grin:

Some quick tips in case anyone else has just got one of these boxes and isn't running too great for them:

- I would go wired via ethernet rather than wireless = really makes a difference for me
- download the 'speed test' app. Make sure you have decent speeds when you run the test. Getting 40-50Mbps wired, so all good with this set up.
- NordVPN app makes a great difference for me, without this not everything can be accessed for viewing and be sure to connect outside the UK. Love this feature for the Z7+ box. Especially as I'm already with NordVPN.

A solid box for sure, I'm might just have to stick with the Formuler brand from now on.
Glad you like the box and that we could help you along the way. My interest in the Z8 will peak if they use dedicated Android TV firmware over the mobile/tablet version on the z7+.

Glad you like the box and that we could help you along the way. My interest in the Z8 will peak if they use dedicated Android TV firmware over the mobile/tablet version on the z7+.

The Remote control is pure garbage..
The unit is ok been using 9 months
Most of bugs have been cleared up...
But undoubtedly the z8 will be ridden with bugs.. it took 2 months using z7+ to clear the lip sync issue.
And 6 months for for EPG to be addressed.. now all bugs have been addressed z7+ is a good bit of kit..

But will the z8 be the Same?

The Remote control is pure garbage..
The unit is ok been using 9 months
Most of bugs have been cleared up...
But undoubtedly the z8 will be ridden with bugs.. it took 2 months using z7+ to clear the lip sync issue.
And 6 months for for EPG to be addressed.. now all bugs have been addressed z7+ is a good bit of kit..

But will the z8 be the Same?
Hopefully Formuler will have learnt from their mistakes and will hit the ground running this time around, I was quite lucky I didn't actually got my z7+ while these issues where present.
To be honest @stuss I don't actually mind the remote after stepping up from a Zgemma 2s it doesn't feel as unresponsive but that could be down to the specs of the box more than the quality of the remote.

Back