Magbox256- recording from iptv.

Redlord58

Hello everyone , I havd a magbox 256 which I'd like record to .If I go thru the sequence , I'm ok up to when I've set the recording .But then when I press ok , nothing happens , as in nothing
Can I record from iptv ? And is a 16gb usb drive adequate to record ?
I think everything should be fine ....but it isn't .
I'd appreciate any feed back folks .

Thank you .

Not sure you can on a mag,I know you can on enigma boxes but you would need a multi line but it is down to your provider and I would use a bigger usb drive.

Yes you can record but I think your provider has to enable recordings ie write information into his server for you to be able to record locally.

Hi Nicoj24. Thanks for your reply .I have contacted my provider and he tells me I can record on it .There is a record button , but when I Set the recording and press it , nothing happens .It doesn't show any preset recordings anywhere.
I've followed tutorials on you tube to no avail .It is recognizing the usb drive so everything should be fine .
Don't understand why it isn't.

Hi Redlord58 I don't think it is activated for a mag box, he has to enable it his end on his server config.

You can record from the embedded portal but have never been able to from IPTV provider although all over ytube they say you can but never works from external server portal.

formandvoid 'I know you can on enigma boxes' Is there a specific enigma box as recording streaming would be handy for footy and any more details as to server authorised part. I was thinking of recording while elsewhere.
Good post Redlord58

Last edited:
You can record from the embedded portal but have never been able to from IPTV provider although all over ytube they say you can but never works from external server portal.
Problem is timer recording does not work so you must leave your box on the channel while recording and then only from embedded portal.
Informir need to up their game on these boxes to allow recording from all portals.

Problem is timer recording does not work so you must leave your box on the channel while recording and then only from embedded portal.
Informir need to up their game on these boxes to allow recording from all portals.
Seems Informir only interested in sales !!

Back