Majorca...

ste

TK Veteran
Just got back from Cala d'or today after a week away, lovely island and although we had 2 bad days of weather out of 7, we had a lovely time.

If we return to Majorca in the future, we wouldn't mind trying another part of the island and was looking for feedback from people who have been please. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young children.

I did think it was quite expensive in Majorca though - does anyone else think this?

The Euro mate Portugal, gran canaria, Spain all expensive... If you go to gran canaria its hot all year and prices drop alot out of season but you still get the weather. We go alot same as you two adults two small children. (The flight is 4hrs 30 but not to bad)

Been GC before and wasn't too bad - we've got Fuerteventura booked for Feb which was a good deal and we've also got a villa booked for May in Cyprus but we've been to Cyprus shit loads of times and they use the euro in Cyprus and I don't think it is as expensive there. In Majorca, the prices of cocktails were between 6-9 euro!

I was quite shocked - we was going out for food and we only had 1 course each and 1 drink and it was averaging 65-70 euros.

Just got back from Cala d'or today after a week away, lovely island and although we had 2 bad days of weather out of 7, we had a lovely time.

If we return to Majorca in the future, we wouldn't mind trying another part of the island and was looking for feedback from people who have been please. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young children.

I did think it was quite expensive in Majorca though - does anyone else think this?

I did think it was quite expensive in Majorca though - does anyone else think this?[/QUO

I have been to Alcudia about 5/6 times with the kids and it is great. First class beach and very very safe. I could highly recommend a Hotel called the Ivory Playa which is very near the beach and also has a very good super market just a cross the road which helps with the cost of a holiday when you have kids also the hotel rooms all have a small kitchen so you can cook the odd evening. It also has a lovely restaurant to the side of the hotel which do lovely home made takeaway pizzas. Hope this helps

Last edited:
I have been to Alcudia about 5/6 times with the kids and it is great. First class beach and very very safe. I could highly recommend a Hotel called the Ivory Playa which is very near the beach and also has a very good super market just a cross the road which helps with the cost of a holiday when you have kids also the hotel rooms all have a small kitchen so you can cook the odd evening. It also has a lovely restaurant to the side of the hotel which do lovely home made takeaway pizzas. Hope this helps
Hi .I'm thinking of going here in October with gf and my son .to celebrate my birthday .do you know .if it would be better to get a transfer from the airport to hotel .I was thinking of a taxi .or a local bus .can you give some advice please .thanks for your help

Hi .I'm thinking of going here in October with gf and my son .to celebrate my birthday .do you know .if it would be better to get a transfer from the airport to hotel .I was thinking of a taxi .or a local bus .can you give some advice please .thanks for your help
I would say Taxi just because it will take you right to the door BUT it might be a bit expensive. There is a taxi bus which you can book online works out a lot cheaper but there will be a few other drops along the way. But you will love the beach in Alcudia it’s first class.

Funny you should reply to this now as I'm on holiday in fuerteventura haha :)

port de pollenca is a nice resort, bit bigger than cala d'or

Nice restraunts and a few more bars, beach is miles better too.

Enjoyed both

Stayed at the hotel barchello in Cala d'Or
Loved hearing the guy selling his fruit on beach ..
Palma Nova lovely beach everything is within reach
Can taxi it from airport for around 40 euro or train not sure on price or even the bus .catch it outside the cathedral .
Yes magaluff is next door but it's quite through day as majority are sleeping through Saturday..
Quite entertaining tbh I'm 45 never felt out of place as I'm a young at heart lad
Also been to sa coma believe it or not the wife of the fruit seller from Cala d'Or works doing the same thing.. bit quieter but a nice place again

But deffo palma nova my favourite beach holiday by far been many time and intend on going more

We went to majorca 4 or 5 times and always get the bus, bus from airport to palma was 2.50 Euro each, buses from there 1.50 euro each. Suited us as bus stopped right outside the hotal in Cala Mayor and we go all inclusive now as it's not much more than B&B, ie for two adults in October total hotel price is £538 B&B or £577 All inclusive for a week.

Back