makka x radio problem

wigan13

hi guys
i have just bought a 2017 mokka x it has dab radio,the problem im having is reception with it,in my crv i had a pure dab radio and i rarely lost reception,does anybody no if there is anything i can do to make the reception better.
cheers
wigan13

hi guys
i have just bought a 2017 mokka x it has dab radio,the problem im having is reception with it,in my crv i had a pure dab radio and i rarely lost reception,does anybody no if there is anything i can do to make the reception better.
cheers
wigan13

I've never delt with DAB radios, so I could be talking garbage here, but with analogue radios, asuming there's no problems with aerial connections etc (first thing to check) and there was still a poor signal
we would use an inline amplifer. This would plug into the aerial at the back of the radio and would be powered off an ignition controlled power supply. So, that's something for you to check out,
to see if there's an equivalent for a DAB radio. Just an idea for you.

Try a factory reset and then rescan for local channels that you listen to the most etc.
Dab can be very hit and miss in some areas.
Dont expect to get much joy from a Vauxhall dealer because this is about all they will do and lighten your pocket for the privilage aswell.
Personally i would smash it up in garage and fit a decent aftermarket headunit from Sony or Kenwood etc.

Press and hold the Select or the Info button on your radio until the display shows System Reset or Factory Reset. Press and hold the Menu button for three seconds. Push the Tune button within 3 seconds to confirm the Reset. Press the Menu button and select System Reset or Factory Reset.

is it set on the right region for your area and not sd1 national? as sd1 national tries to pick up teh signal from anywhere instead of local regional signals

Back