malware removal free

kegnkiwi

TK Veteran
Does anyone know any good malware removal programs for android. My mothers phone is opening about 700 pages in chrome. I'm trying what we believe are the good free ones from the playstore but they are asking to upgrade.

Does anyone know any good malware removal programs for android. My mothers phone is opening about 700 pages in chrome. I'm trying what we believe are the good free ones from the playstore but they are asking to upgrade.

Malwarebytes if you haven't tried it already.

Maybe try uninstall and reinstall the chrome app too.

Not sure you can uninstall chrome on some operating systoms.
Data and cache clearance may help. But I've had to format phones b4..... Paul

We put Norton on it and scanned, reset chrome to factory and went through a loads of permissions. At the moment it looks ok.

It's easier to remove chrome and install a different browser.
I have a few on my Xiaomi Android phone but when I first got it and ported the settings over from an ancient Samsung, it transferred Samsung internet browser and I still use that, it's more user friendly than other browsers I've tried

Just an update with did eventually have to resort to doing a factory reset... Now does anybody know of a way of adding a extension to chrome that would protect her from pushing something on the screen incorrectly and allowing add ware onto the phone. I only put my mother on payg with no cards attached to the phone, if she does it again when she leaves the house and these things pop up on her phone they are using her data. I have turned mobile data off for the moment. I have been looking and seen some think like guard.io

Back