Man arrested in connection with Dublin city death

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
A 29-year-old has been arrested in connection with an incident where a man died after he was hit by a bus in Dublin city centre.

0006beaf-642.jpg

The man is being questioned at Pearse Street Garda Station.

Earlier gardaí said they were searching for two men in connection with the death at the junction of Dawson Street and Nassau Street yesterday.

Gardaí believe the victim was involved in a confrontation at around 5.40pm and either fell, was punched or pushed on to the road where he was hit by a bus.

The man, who has not yet been identified but is thought to be in his 20s, sustained severe head injuries and died at the scene.

Gardaí are treating the death as suspicious and have appealed to anyone with information to contact them.

They have also spoken to a number of witnesses and are gathering CCTV footage from the shops, businesses and city council cameras in the area.

Dublin Bus is also carrying out an inquiry.

A spokesperson said the bus driver was treated in hospital for shock, but no passengers on the bus were injured.

A forensic examination of the scene was carried out this morning.

The left turn from Dawson Street onto Nassau Street has reopened after earlier diversions.

Gardaí believe the victim was involved in a confrontation at around 5.40pm and either fell, was punched or pushed on to the road where he was hit by a bus.

The bus driver was a man out trying to do an honest days work, the person who died was in a confrontation and if yee read was either pushed, knocked etc out under the bus,

It could have been anyone of us driving down the road at that time,

I feel for the poor soul who lost his life, But I feel more for the innocent driver who was out doing a days work and now has this on his his poor mind.

To many mindless thugs out there always beating the crap out of of someone or something, and this is a result of this,

To many mindless thugs out there always beating the crap out of of someone or something, and this is a result of this,

True, i dont even see why they have the need to act the way they do - its absolutely sickening!

@Sy P Mason and Javed, read the article, it had nothing to do with the bus driver, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time, it could have been anyone in any vehicle.

There are Bus drivers out there that are careless and go faster than they actually should. Its like they think their vehicle takes priority over peoples lives.
bloody bus drivers lol

In fact, it could have been me, I drive for Dublin bus, and my route uses that street and that junction, I pass up and down there many times per day. Whilst there are bad drivers out there, it relates to the driver, not the vehicle they drive. So cop on to yourselves, if you want to comment on the original post, then do, if you want to attack bus drivers, then start your own thread and I will debate the issue with you.

FACT: this was not the Drivers fault
FACT: someone pushed/punched this individual under the bus
FACT: this driver may never get over this, the psychological damage this could do is immense
FACT: someone lost their life

and finally, and more importantly

FACT: It could have been you

Back