Manchester United have modifiy Old Trafford to

Bennie45

Manchester United have modified Old Trafford to accommodate 23,500 socially distanced spectators, and say they are "bemused" by the ongoing ban on fans at stadiums.

The government had proposed crowds be gradually reintroduced from the start of October but made a U-turn following a rise in coronavirus cases.

We received government guidelines," said Collette Roche, United's chief operating officer. "I'm convinced that we would be able to [accommodate fans] safely."

Think the issue is have ten of thousands of people all arriving & leaving at the same time. Can't think of why else stadiums haven't opened.
You alright mate I don't think they're worried too much about the stadium but it's getting 23000 fans there I think that's the problem

Last edited:
I'm sure getting the 23,500 fans in and out of the stadium safely and while adhering to social distancing guidance is planned for as part of proposal to accommodate them.

Just another example of our incompetent government behaving in a completely illogical manner. There are currently more people allowed in an indoor supermarket at the same time than a 75,000 seater open air stadium.

Outdoor stadiums would be more safer than anywhere else with this virus.

IF proper measures are implemented and applied strictly then crowds should be back. Simple.

Wonder if the government will have the nerve to pressure clubs for money like they did in Spring now that they've starved them of income.

Smaller clubs sadly won't survive.

Next season may be when we see return of crowds but even then it's not realistic if this virus is still running rampant by that time.

Back