Manually Setting the Time

Trents

Hi, after upgrading, my temp plan for my old H2S is to use it in my kid's room. Not for TV but to use the library of recordings hosted on the Hard Drive.

This works fine but when the box is disconnected for the internet, the time is incorrect on the front display. About 5.5 hours ahead of actual time. Even after connecting to LAN and seeing correct time, it resets to incorrect after disconnecting.

Looking in settings I can only find NTP references and timezones. No-where to set the time manually. Any ideas?

Unless it has a hardware clock, it is not going to keep the time unless it is connected to the internet or is connected to a signal wire and tuned in.

Why not move movies over to your new box, and he can watch them as well as new ones using the H2S once set up to share the HDD?

Why not leave a connected lan cable to keep things more normal and using your network connected.
Are you powering off box also as can see no network issue.

I could put a powerline adapter in and cable but didn't want to if not needed. Seems a bit of a waste to set network connection just to have correct time showing.

Network connection can do more as it can accessed by another device in a different part of the house

@Trents
It should automatically update in settings do time zone London then transponder update on 28e then do a full reboot , see if that works
Regards
Skybot1.

It is not connected to a signal wire. What transponder will it get time from?
True that’s the only way to get time and for it to update.
The VFD CONTROL plugin is good for the clock but as you said needs network cable connection

Back