Mashups anyone? Share your favourite.

200.webp

Used to have loads I downloaded from a mashup website years ago but lost them all. Been looking for one in particular and can't find it anywhere, it's 50 cent in the club and wham wake me up. Sounds terrible but sounded superb.

Edit: 50 cent high all the time vs wham wake me up

Last edited by a moderator:
i mean the 2manydjs' 'as heard on radio....' series take the biscuit

they released one mix commercially, "as heard on radio soulwax pt2"

its 70 minutes of mashed up pop, punk, rock, rnb and techno. there's even a dolly parton number dropped into the fire.

its starts with a live version of peter gunn mashed with basement jaxx and rinses everything from 10cc to micheal jackson via vitalic [who's la rock 01 is as savage a piece of dance music as you'll hear]

turn it up, tune in and be amazed :

dance fans skip to 49.18 to hear adult's electro classic 'hand to phone' infused over vitalic's la rock. la rock is pure muscle music, just doesnt stop building.

for people interested in the history of the modern mashup, the aformentioned 2manydj's really led the charge on this with their radio show in the early noughties.

freelance icebreakers aguilera v the strokes mash up was considered the vanguard of the new mash up and is regarded as the scene seed :

probably the most famous mash up came from a frankie knuckles house cut called your love.

a certain singer added an accapella to a b side of one her singles

and the resulting mash up has gone on to be a pop classic:

Aye that is on another level teddy heard a lot of their stuff, my brother has a lot of their stuff on cds. Radio soulwax done a superb mashup of just David Bowie songs, genius

Back