Masi removed as F1 race director

Joe516

VIP Member
Michael Masi will no longer serve as Formula One race director following a "detailed analysis" of last year's controversial Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Masi's call to unlap cars between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen to permit one lap of racing, allowing the Red Bull superstar to snatch the title, was widely criticised and has resulted in his removal from his role.

But that is not the only change to be introduced in 2022 as part of an "in-depth reform of the organisation of refereeing and race direction", which was presented on Thursday by FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem.
Masi removed and VAR in F1? 'New step forward in refereeing' explained

Well done. Make it more fair but I don't think Hamilton will win this year. Think he's on his downfall now.

It was inevitable.

Think two potential race directors going forward and sharing the responsibilities with race decisions etc is the way forward for the sport to avoid any more fiascos.

Personally think massi knew what he was doing to give redbull the advantage and for max to win his title as everything redbull complained about in races he acted.
As at first no cars were allowed to pass fair enough!!! BUT no soon as redbull said we only need 1 lap 5 cars were allowed to pass.

I'm glad mass is gone as he litteraly spoiled some races and could see all season he was edging in favour of redbull as for this Hamilton is on a downfall this upcoming season will make him more stronger and determined.
Don't get me wrong it's been an interesting season and think max and Lewis made last seaon more entertaining then most seasons past

a little late for sir lewis, luckely he had a good reflex when verstappen hit the brakes at how manny miles/h.............(Saudi-Arabia)

He should have been removed straight after that race, if that was any other sport, for example football or rugby, he’d have been up on match fixing charges.

Well done. Make it more fair but I don't think Hamilton will win this year. Think he's on his downfall now.
Don’t see how someone who was in with a chance of winning the world title with 1 lap on a world championship left to play out is on his downfall, he’ll have another year or two left to contribute at the top yet.

He won't get any better. Bit like saying Federer went to a few finals but he's never been the same as his peak. Hamilton is not going to be peak now onwards. He'll still be up there but mainly because of car.

Having best car doesn't really mean success all the time.

But Hamilton is naturally gifted and, despite his age he still has few years at the top and few more world titles in him imo.

Having best car doesn't really mean success all the time.

But Hamilton is naturally gifted and, despite his age he still has few years at the top and few more world titles in him imo.
Just got to see if he has the hunger left in him. But he seemed hurt with last year as we all would feel. I just don't want him to win no more 😅

Just got to see if he has the hunger left in him. But he seemed hurt with last year as we all would feel. I just don't want him to win no more 😅
I would be surprised if he doesn't at least break the record.

That moment will be with him for the rest of his career but key thing is how he moves on from that fiasco.

Reactions: m4u
Back