Mass Effect 2 is Empire Strikes Back: totally dark, broody

homesick

VIP Member
TK Supporter
By: Griffin McElroy

You've probably already made this inference after viewing the demise-filled teaser trailer (or last week's E3 sneak peek), but BioWare's second space opera installment, Mass Effect 2, is going to be a downer. Much like The Empire Strikes Back (the angsty middle child in the Star Wars trilogy), ME 2 will be the series' "dark act," according to producer Casey Hudson, who sees the game as "an opportunity to really explore the tougher, more brutal parts of the universe."

Hudson went on to describe the themes of the Mass Effect trilogy's story arc, explaining, "In the first act you put a guy in the tree, in the second act you throw rocks at him, and in the third act you get him down." And how do you get the guy out of the tree? With a really slow elevator, of course!

From - http://xbox.joystiq.com/

wow, what happens in the first game affects the second,i.e. whoever died in the first wont be available in the second game, not sure if this has been done before but im gonna have to get the first one again!

wow, what happens in the first game affects the second,i.e. whoever died in the first wont be available in the second game, not sure if this has been done before but im gonna have to get the first one again!

i tried playing this game the other day, it seemed alright but i knew it was going to take quite sometime, so i put the controller down. (self control)

the campaign itself can be long if you want it to be, unreal amount of side missions and plenty of explorations to do especially when you get the ship!

i swore i would never do one of these after oblivion but i just got hooked on it.

Back