Media Box to watch films from USB on older tv with no HDMI

Most android (and any other kind of device) all come with HDMI connections - theres probably a HDMI to scart converter.
Or if you're going to the expense of a new box, maybe update TV instead? They all have USB Ports nowadays.

They sell them on ebay and amazon just Google what you are exactly looking for and will find what you want

I got a little box a year or 2 ago that does HDMI, VGA, BNC , to phono, which would do you to change to SCART.
Cost under a tenner iirc , if your box already has phono out then you need nothing else.

Think my request have been mixed up a bit.
I already have a smart tv with usb port to plug in my external hd and watch films off.
My old tv is in another room but has no usb port to plug the hard drive into just a hdmi port.
I am wanting to find a device that will allow me to insert my usb into it and then plug the same device into my tv via hdmi.
Hope this helps, but thanks fellas for your kind input anyway.

Think my request have been mixed up a bit.
I already have a smart tv with usb port to plug in my external hd and watch films off.
My old tv is in another room but has no usb port to plug the hard drive into just a hdmi port.
I am wanting to find a device that will allow me to insert my usb into it and then plug the same device into my tv via hdmi.
Hope this helps, but thanks fellas for your kind input anyway.
Would something like this not work?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-HDMI-A...+to+usb&qid=1611620269&sr=8-4&tag=googhydr-21

just as an aside,
if your USB has been set up on a TV, then it is very unlikely that any other device will be able to decode the format the USB is now formatted to
this includes any other TV, even one of the same make.

If it is just movies dowmloaded from the net , you could use a cheap android box plug the hard drive into that and hdmi from the box to the TV then you can use the Android box Player.

I have the next version of that but definitely over 10yrs old now at this stage. Still works tho and handy when away with the kids.

Last time someone went looking for it was gone off the market thinking 2 years or so as never found one.
I have the same one here

If it is just movies dowmloaded from the net , you could use a cheap android box plug the hard drive into that and hdmi from the box to the TV then you can use the Android box Player.
thanks for the advice, yes an android box would suffice, might just use an old dvd player and burn the files onto dvd-rw discs instead.

thanks for the advice, yes an android box would suffice, might just use an old dvd player and burn the files onto dvd-rw discs instead.
cost you more for blank DVD'S and a hell of a lot more time :smiley: plus you can also use the box for IPTV.

nah got loads of dvd-rw discs and got iptv on an enigma box already
Iv'e still got about 200 DVD-RW discs kicking around think I have used about 3 in the last 4 years since I got IPTV no real need to write to DVD, even taken writer out of laptop and put in SSD and moved the hard drive to a Hard Drive Caddy for CD / DVD-ROM Optical Bay. And just bought external usb dvd writer but as I mentioned hardly used it.

Back