Media player & WMC

steeeve

Is anyone else having sync issues with WMP & WMC? The sound is second out. VLC player is working fine, no issues at all. I use WMC for the main TV along with a remote. Dont really want to keep loading files up in VLC

Steeve

Is it one particular file type, or various? Could be a decoder issue with the associated codec. Are you using a codec pack, such as FFDShow or K-Lite?

It's all formats Divx, MKV etc. Put FFDshow x64 on and AC3 filter when I built the machine about 6 months ago, Had to to get H.264 playing through WMC. It's only recently it's started to sync out, Looked on the net and it does look like a common problem. So much so, people are going back to Vista for WMC, VLC player is far superior in audio and quality. It's a shame VLC don't do media centre's I wouldn't touch WMC. Un-installed FFD to see if that was the problem, but No!

Steve

Downloaded Shark Win7 codec pack, Ill install and get back to you. Like the idea of the media codec tweaker, Think that's what I am short of, picking my own codecs. Hate MS for closed software.

Installed shark007 windows 7 codec pack, it then directs you to a download link to download the x64 components on top of the codec pack. Once both installed
run both as admin and it configures itself for the best way to run on WMC. You can also delv into advance and change things about ( run as admin)

In a nutshell BRILLIANT!! resolved my sync issue WMC runs everything and a vast improvement in sound.

Thanks to all

Steeeve

Back