memory.

babs

TK Veteran
hi its coming up on my pc windows virtual memory minimum to low.anyone any idea what i should do.

Either you have too many programs running at once, or you just don't have enough memory in your computer.. Right click on My Computer, and click on properties.. Then look near the bottom of the window that pops up, and see what it says.. something like ### MB RAM How much is there?

What OS are you running?

512mb of ram is fairly low in my opinion. May be time to consider upping your memory.

How to change the size of your PC’s Virtual Memory.

hi its coming up on my pc windows virtual memory minimum to low.anyone any idea what i should do.

Right click My Computer

Click properties

Advanced tab

Under Performance, click settings

Advanced tab

Under Virtual memory, click change

Click C: in the list

Check Custom size, Make sure the Maximum is set to 512 and increase the Initial size too.

You should notice a slight performance improvement as well as never having a "low virtual memory" warning ever again

-

Right click My Computer

Click properties

Advanced tab

Advanced tab

Check Custom size, Make sure the Maximum is set to 512 and increase the Initial size too.

You should notice a slight performance improvement as well as never having a "low virtual memory" warning ever again

-

Thanks G another useful tip from your good self (y)

lol gman, i have mine set at something like a 10,000 min. :grin:

If it's anything like the sound system in your last car, I'm sure you do.

I doubt very much that you have 512MB of RAM installed though LOL!.

thisiswhatloudlookslike.jpg

:rock on:

-

Right click My Computer

Click properties

Advanced tab

Advanced tab

-

does it matter if you set it higher than that. and if so whats the best size

Either you have too many programs running at once, or you just don't have enough memory in your computer.. Right click on My Computer, and click on properties.. Then look near the bottom of the window that pops up, and see what it says.. something like ### MB RAM How much is there?

ive just done that on my lappy and got 448 RAM - seems a strange amount to me - god i know this lappy is old lol i had more memory put in afew years ago, but never checked to see what they put in or what sort of memory my pc is 512 but seems on my lappy it says moblie AMD athlon xp2500+ 1.86ghz 448MB of RAM and my pc is only pentium (r) 4CPU 1.80GHz 1.79 ghz 512 MB of RAM - so does that mean the processosr speed on my laptop is faster than my pc

thanks to you guys i am learning quite a bit

Last edited:
linny 64mb of the mem in your laptop is used for video they both have 512mb. myslef id say the laptop is faster but not by much there realy both the same its amd i find are quicker thats just what i think

Back