Met. Post support brackets

tonybev

Hi
has Anyone used met post brackets to put a fence up my drive is brick paved with a blue brick retaining border set on concrete I was considering using met posts fixed to the blue retaining bricks with bolts
never used met posts and trying not to dig holes in the brick paving to concrete post in
cheers Tony

Hi
has Anyone used met post brackets to put a fence up my drive is brick paved with a blue brick retaining border set on concrete I was considering using met posts fixed to the blue retaining bricks with bolts
never used met posts and trying not to dig holes in the brick paving to concrete post in
cheers Tony
Bolting anything like this to a brick won't do the job, they're for bolting to deeper cast concrete, it would just pull the brick/block over as soon as the wind blew on it, apart from that, modern bricks would just shatter if you tried drilling/bolting anything major to them.

if youre going to try it then you'll need to fix straight through the engineering bricks and into the concrete.

the trouble is the force imparted on those fixings by the fence panel when the wind blows.

Thanks lamblamb
looks like I am going to dig some holes to put concrete posts in
A job for next year I think
only putting a fence up because our new neighbors don't like dogs

Don't like Dogs? Or don't like your dogs in their garden 🐶🐶
Problem is my previous neighbors of 16 years loved our dogs .they let them in there house and gave them treats so the dogs are used to having freedom of both properties
That's why I am looking to put a dividing fence up as I respect the fact that my neighbours do not like dogs on there property
Our mmmm

Back