PS3 Metal Gear Solid fans?

channelking

So is this series/franchise overrated as I have tried to play the first game and struggling with controls and keep dying lol.

Is it really one of the main games of the play station and is it as good as everyone says?

Want to try again but maybe I am crap thats why being put off by it.

I enjoyed the first one they done on the ps1 and the third one on Ps2 in the jungle.
I didn't play the second one on the Ps2 all the way through. I didn't like the other guy you play as in that.
They are good games though just a bit of a steep learning curve if your first time player.
I've got one on the ps4 too it was free on ps+.

Last edited:
Tried first one mate but really struggled with it so gave up.

Seems great game but just find it too complex with control not being very easy to get either.

Get main franchise on playstation but guess such a game aint for everyone.

Tried first one mate but really struggled with it so gave up.

Seems great game but just find it too complex with control not being very easy to get either.

Get main franchise on playstation but guess such a game aint for everyone.
Once you get use to the control's it's good to play.
The third one on the Ps2 is brilliant fair play the story and graphics are excellent.
They originally started out on the NES then moved to Sony after a few games.
If you got plenty of time on your hands to play them through. They are well worth it.
I enjoyed playing every resident Evil through too.
Great story and characters in them.

Dont think will have the time mate. Just will start with MGS games again if I do lol.

I do find NES and other games for these consoles to be tricky via emulators with how screwed up controls are.

Just very hard to get past the first one tempted just to go to the MGS 2 but story will be too complicated to follow.

I remember the old resident evil games on PS1 man were awesome. Early games were the best and ones that came after were crap imo.

Resident Evil 4 and 7 are brilliant.
I finished 7 a few months ago on ps4 really enjoyed it and you can use PS VR on it.
5 wasn't the best and 6 was terrible.
The remakes of 2 and 3 are really good on ps4.
Have a go of metal gear solid 3 on Ps2 you will not be disappointed.
Have you tried LA Noire that's good on ps3.

Ye read remakes of the original ones. So there is no remake for the first one just second and third ones on ps4?

If dont get into MGS1 will just jump to MGS2 even if I miss the story.

Havent played huge amount of ps3 over the years still quite a few games want to get through if I can.

LA noire was decent game but felt repetitive and at time boring to me.

I enjoyed LA Noire see I thought it was excellent.
What about Skyrim have you played that?
I still haven't got around to finishing that there's so much to do on it.
And fallout new Vegas is good and fallout 4 on ps4 is good.
I usually play sports games though PES, 2k sports Basketball and Madden my usual games and football Manager on PC.
Can't go wrong with any of them games.

Nah Skyrim and Elder scrolls franchise not my types of games.

I want to play fall out 3 seems pretty good. Need to get to that.

Prefer fifa to PES tbh and football manager is great but been hard to get cracked game of it.

Back