Mgcamd in alternate softcam manager issue

maionline

I’m using the above plugin with mgcamd 1.38. It loads and works fine but if I leave it for a bit and come back to watch it I just get a black screen. The ecms are still coming through and it doesn’t resolve itself until I fully reboot the box. Restarting the cam just shows the ecms coming through but just a black screen.
The reason I use this plugin is because it shows you the ecm details like the original softcampanel

Any ideas?

When one sets up mgcamd it should show what the coloured buttons do,mine shows below

Active --------------------Mgcamd
Select green tick and your cam

When one sets up mgcamd it should show what the coloured buttons do,mine shows below

Active --------------------Mgcamd
Select green tick and your cam
I think you’re using a different softcam manager. The one on openatc stopped working after an update so we have to use something else now

version r3 (updated today) of mcgamd on server works fine with the inbuilt cam control methods in openATV.
Ive just installed it. I liked seeing the ecm info as it comes in like the old softcam panel used to show. Is there anyway this could be added?

Last edited:
This is what it looks like for me. And of course, other skins have the details on the infobar

Attachments

• ATV sofcam setupl.jpg
    ATV sofcam setupl.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 50
You are not using mgcamd on that picture

To take better screenshots, if you receivers Ip address is : 192.168.0.25, paste following on web browser on PC to get a better screenshot.
http://192.168.0.25/grab

Edit it to match yours before pasting. You can then right click and save before uploading it. Clearer and always the right way round.

Last edited:
version r3 (updated today) of mcgamd on server works fine with the inbuilt cam control methods in openATV.

Openatv have updated something again, what doesn't work with this update?
Every day it gets worse, Ccam lines have never worked since this new softcam manager was invented, now there's a new mgcamd 'r3' - what does this put a stop to? - cable and sat lines no longer work maybe?
They only need to destroy Oscam which has been on it's last legs for 6 months and they have achieved what Murdoch and Branson never could

There is a sleep command if booting from cold to allow Enigma2 to start properly.

The changes that are causing all the headaches are that softcams are started by the Linux OS, not the Enigma2 application nor any other plugins within Enigma2 like softcam panel.

If you can describe the problem fully, details can be passed on so they can fix it. Proviso is that must be cams from the secret feed and not older ones. Better still, relay details yourself.

There is a detailed explanation on another forum explaining why changes have been made.

Back