Mgcamd line switching

I have two lines with two different providers, If I use them both in mgcamd does line switching work. Will it select the best provider for the current channel I'm viewing?

Before anyone asks, I don't want to use oscam.

Thanks.

The way I understand mgcamd is that it will try the first line, if that doesn't respond in fixed time then it tries the second line. So if first line is down you could still see a freeze while it tries the 2nd line.

You can set them up like this

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = HOST PORT USER PASS DES KEY
CWS_MULTIPLE = HOST PORT USER PASS DES KEY

You can set them up like this

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300

Sorry to ask mate , but could you elaborate a bit more as to what each function does.
Will make my life a whole lot easier trying to set this up .
Example: Lets say I have 2 servers A & B and I want A to connect with B as just a backup connect
How would I input to achieve this from your example. ?
Thank you kindly for any help or assistance.

Best Regards,

Sorry to ask mate , but could you elaborate a bit more as to what each function does.
Will make my life a whole lot easier trying to set this up .
Example: Lets say I have 2 servers A & B and I want A to connect with B as just a backup connect
How would I input to achieve this from your example. ?
Thank you kindly for any help or assistance.

Best Regards,
Line A goes in first.
Line B goes under that

I'm sure mgcamd connects to the strongest line first but if it has issues won't connect to next line until there's no connection. I think CCcam connects to first line. Been a while since comparing them.

CWS = <server name> <port> <username> <password> 1234567891011121314

The first line/server will be CWS = and the second will be CWS_MULTIPLE =

So the newcamd.list would be set up as:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = xxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS_MULTIPLE = xxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxxx 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

That just the way I have set mines up found info on various forums and on HERE

What is cws_multiple? never seen that before, nor have is seen cws_incoming_port either, not sure why you would need an incoming port set

Thanks Guy`s for the further information... I will have a play around with this info and hopefully get the results I require.
Most helpful...Thank you All.

Best Regards,
Polosolo

I've never seen MULTIPLE before.
I have seen port 21000 and KEEPALIVE used but they're not required now, I think they're archaic terms from a decade ago

I've never seen MULTIPLE before.
I have seen port 21000 and KEEPALIVE used but they're not required now, I think they're archaic terms from a decade ago
You mabey correct just did search on google found this.

What is KEEP-ALIVE = 300 and why you are afraid when its value is increasing in your Connection history?

The first line - CWS_KEEPALIVE sets the time in seconds after which the emulator MgCamd verifies connection to the server for car***aring spelled out in the port settings. Apply in the case of using NAT router, which disconnects inactive connections or when you open encrypted channels after the transition from open to them. In the second line CWS_INCOMING_PORT given port to listen for incoming connections from the server, this line can be omitted.
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 means that MgCamd keep an idle connection alive for 300 seconds (5 minutes).
Simply speaking, even in idle condition (stand-by mode), your receiver sends requests to the server in order the connection to the server to be uninterrupted.
Each 5 minutes, your receiver sends a service command to the server, and the server sends response to the receiver. In such a way, this connection is kept alive.
The value 300 is an optimum value, and don't worry that in your connections history, it may increase.
The main thing in your history is the line with No violations of server rules detected! statement.
It is good that the keep-alive value is increasing, it should be so. Opposite, if it is too low, it means that your receiver is sending too frequent requests. In this case, you will be notified that some rules are violated and you need to take measures to avoid being banned.

Recommended time of delay between keepalive requests sending is 300 seconds.
Extreme value - 60 seconds.
Users sending requests more frequently than 1 time per 60 seconds, will be marked in the connection history as violating rules. They also will see warning that keep alive parameter is wrong in their settings.
The users sending requests to the server once per 1-5 seconds, most likely will be banned

Back