Mgcamd Multiple lines

sambhi92

Hi all,
quick question, I got two lines, one to clear cable and on for sat but for some reason the sat one is also clearing the cable one. I wanna use the main cable to clear those and the sat to clear sat. Any way I can prioritize it so that the cable clears cable and sat does sat?
On a zgemma h2h using grogbuild 6,7

The sat line can't clear the cable channels, likewise the cable line can't clear the sat channels.
What makes you think it's doing that?
The box picks the correct line for cable or sat, if the sat line isn't clearing, it's expired or not working

I thought as much but when I go the channel and click on twice I can see it’s not using the cable line. I was given like 3 lines from my sat provider and one of those is clearing cable channels. So guessing one them clears cable as well.

If one of them was a live sat line, the box would pick this to open a satelite channel, do your normal sat channels not open?

So I just spoke to provider and one of the 3 lines he sent does clear cable as well which makes sense. So am I able to only allow my dedicated cable line to clear that and sat to clear sat?

If all the lines are in newcamd.list the box decides which line to use to clear whichever channel you put it on.
If they are all clearing ok I'm not fully understanding what you are trying to achieve?

Right i see that makes sense then!

basically SS ME is still clearing in my area. But the cable line from the sat provider keeps feeezing. So want to use my dedicated cable cable line to clear cable channels and sat line to clear sat lines. I’m hoping that make sense?!

cant you just delete the cable line your sat provider gave you. (and a sat provider gives you a free cable line or was it a test line)then put your correct cable line in ?

You can have a mgcamd line that will open cable and Sat and Euro line even, I am using one at the minute without any problems what so ever, it is the only line I have on my box at the minute, I have also set a few boxes up for friends and family, some with cable and sat and one with cable, sat and Euro sat, I have got the lines from my provider and they also have not had a problem either.

Will try tomorrow to delete the cable line (from sat provider) and make sure the sat lines still clear with his line and the cable from cable provider

A c line CAN open cable channels too, but it will not be too stable and cable channels will freeze, A friend of mine was using a sat c-line for cable as well as 2 seperate sats, a fixed dish for 28e and a motorised system, Sat worked well, cable worked but as I say it froze constantly, but he has now switched to a mgcamd line for all 3.

You can have a mgcamd line that will open cable and Sat and Euro line even, I am using one at the minute without any problems what so ever, it is the only line I have on my box at the minute, I have also set a few boxes up for friends and family, some with cable and sat and one with cable, sat and Euro sat, I have got the lines from my provider and they also have not had a problem either.
Hi could you send me a link to your cable supplier as it sound like a good 1 thanks

Will try tomorrow to delete the cable line (from sat provider) and make sure the sat lines still clear with his line and the cable from cable provider

No need to delete, just put a # in front of it, and it will not be read, then you can test what you want without deleting your lines.

Back