MGCAMD not starting after standby.

robuk360

Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this coming from an openbox a month ago. I have the H2S and followed the "Bare bones OpenATV new setup guide" by Kiddac. For the first few weeks it's been working great. But over the last week I have been having some problems with the cam starting after being in standby, going into menu/info panel/softcam panel and clicking restart makes it work again. After a full reboot it works straight away, so seems to be after being in standby. I have only got mgcamd1.38 installed for my nline. I did have ccam installed as well for another line I have, but removed that as I read having both can cause an issue, but they were working fine together at first.

Another problem I have notice is that the audio also doesn't work after being in standby for a while. Putting it back to into standby and then turning straight back on again gets the sound back, coincidence?

I'm thinking of doing a factory reset, unless you guys have any advice?

Cheers

Rob.

Dito

Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this coming from an openbox a month ago. I have the H2S and followed the "Bare bones OpenATV new setup guide" by Kiddac. For the first few weeks it's been working great. But over the last week I have been having some problems with the cam starting after being in standby, going into menu/info panel/softcam panel and clicking restart makes it work again. After a full reboot it works straight away, so seems to be after being in standby. I have only got mgcamd1.38 installed for my nline. I did have ccam installed as well for another line I have, but removed that as I read having both can cause an issue, but they were working fine together at first.

Another problem I have notice is that the audio also doesn't work after being in standby for a while. Putting it back to into standby and then turning straight back on again gets the sound back, coincidence?

I'm thinking of doing a factory reset, unless you guys have any advice?

Cheers

Rob.

Hi i have the same problem started a couple of days ago, i had been messing around trying to get my epg working better thought i must have changed something. each morning i wake up to the box switched on and i have to restart the mgcamd, the odd thing for me is my mgcamd line got switched off to i bought another line and that is a CCam. but now when i have to restart my line i have to restart my mgcamd. CCam wont restart because there are no config files. good luck and post if you get a solution. many thanks Dutts

Goto softcam manager and change the script startup from python to init save and then go back to the cam menu and restart mgcamd

sorry bt in my softcam managet i only have two options. and they are CCam and mgcamd and i have the options on wether to stop or restart them am i in the wrong menu. thanks Dave

On OpenATV you should have 3 options

softcam panel

softcam panel setup

download softcams

you want the softcam panel setup option

I tried to change to init from python and that made no difference. I decided to factory reset and load the latest ATV image. That seems to have fixed both cam and sound issues.

This is the problem when loading someone else's backup image , they are a great starter but should only be used to familiarise yourself with the workings and then flash a fresh clean image on your own receiver.

What works on one machine is not guaranteed to work on another as well as the fact that when a backup is done its outdated the following day due to the nightly builds done by most image groups

Back