MICRA K12 C+C ABS+TC OFF+SKID

Drewmk20

Good day to everybody! I bought a 2007 micra cc 1.4 16v with 179000km a few months ago, did service on it , full check, etc, just, 1 week ago after going through a bit of snow and breaking a few times using ABS, the sensor lights in the title came into action the next day i turned on the engine (ABS,TC,ESP)... A friend of mine told me not to worry as its a normal thing and it is a sensor. Today after going to a car service they gave me a C0034 SPEED SENSOR RIGHT WHEEL fault code and told me to buy a new one... Where i live its about 30£+20£ to fit it which is around 20% of a months salary.... The thing is i took the wheel off, took the sensor out, cleaned it with contact spray and when i wanted to plug it back in i noticed the small metal "latch" was broken so the sensor goes back in the wheel assembly part but you can take it out with minimal force.... I tried to reset it with the battery trick but it did not work, also the lights are there still.

The wheel speed sensor / abs sensor needs to be fixed properly in place as when the wheel rotates it picks up the signal from the Abs / reluctor ring etc.
If the gap is too large it will not make the circuit and then will throw up a fault light on dashboard and a fault code in the Ecu (y)

Thank you very much for your reply ! Wednesday i shall go to my brother in law's service and he shall take a look at the thing. I hope it is repairable as i have the "MOT" check soon and as all know abs fault is a no go for the roads although we have 50 y.o. cars wrecks from germany or russia on our roads.

Yes if the fault light is still showing upon the Mot test it will fail the test until it is repaired etc.
Its not usually a difficult job to do but im not sure about the " Latch " that you are talking about and it maybe part of the wheel hub or if its on the end of the wheel sensor ok

Yes if the fault light is still showing upon the Mot test it will fail the test until it is repaired etc.
Its not usually a difficult job to do but im not sure about the " Latch " that you are talking about and it maybe part of the wheel hub or if its on the end of the wheel sensor ok

Its like a small metal bump 1mm thingie that keeps the sensor in place, i mean if i put some ultra strong glue it should do the same trick, and not enough to clog it forever there. Also one more thing, the heating inside the left mirror does not work, all fuses are ok, it means it is dead ? The electric moving part is working so i can fix it however i like ..

Its like a small metal bump 1mm thingie that keeps the sensor in place, i mean if i put some ultra strong glue it should do the same trick, and not enough to clog it forever there. Also one more thing, the heating inside the left mirror does not work, all fuses are ok, it means it is dead ? The electric moving part is working so i can fix it however i like ..

Sometimes when this happens a little dab of silicone around the outside may hold it in place or a cable tie also if that can be used.
Wonder if the glass is losing bonding and about to fall off which does happen over time or replacement addon glass is not heated.

Today i solved it. Sensor plus the right wheel ball bearing (it was not just the sensor) + fitting around 3 hours because the old one was rusted and locked in a way not even a sledgehammer or a powertool with a steel tip could not remove it so they had to cut it after they broke some other tools of theirs. All and all now it runs great! Thank you everybody for helping me!

Back