Micro Media Player £21.66

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
p0167205c0000228p000000.jpg

With the Cyclone Micro Player Adaptor you can just plug and play with USB storage devices and play your favorite media files directly to a TV via HDMI or composite port. The player adaptor also has a card reader which supports SD/MS/MMC and SDHC cards.
Features

* Plug and Play support for USB storage and MMC/SD/MS/SDHC device
* Upscale playback of standard media files to 1080p resolution.
* Fast forward, rewind, zoom, pause, and repeat functions.
* USB support for Enclosures, Card readers and Flash drives.
* USB storage file system supports FAT32/NTFS.
* Card memory storage file system supports FAT/FAT32.
* Upscale resolution to 480p/576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p via HDMI interface.
* Standard video output 480i/576i via composite interface
* Video format support: MPEG1/2/4(MPG, VOB, AVI), DivX(avi), XviD(avi), resolution up to 720 x 480 30fps / 720 x 576 25fps.
* Photo format support: JPEG, GIF and BMP.
* Audio format support: MP3, WMA and OGG.
* Other format support: ISO (image format).

Box Contents:

* Cyclone Micro Media Player Adaptor
* DC adaptor
* Composite AV cable
* CD disk (manual)
* Remote Control

Link:

-

Interesting topic, i've been interested in the Western HD Media Player, its about $129.99. Has the above features, but its firmware can also be updated too so it can keep up with the new video file formats (H.264, MKV). Would it be wise to purchase the Micro Media Player instead of the Western HD Media Player? (particularly fond with jusy playing .avi files)

Western HD Media Player:
Code:
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572

Interesting topic, i've been interested in the Western HD Media Player, its about $129.99. Has the above features, but its firmware can also be updated too so it can keep up with the new video file formats (H.264, MKV). Would it be wise to purchase the Micro Media Player instead of the Western HD Media Player? (particularly fond with jusy playing .avi files)

Western HD Media Player:
Code:
http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572

There is no comparison between the two dan, the WD TV is far superior & that is reflected in the price.

I use the WD TV & it's top notch. the one I posted above is fine for general run of the mill stuff. At that price you could have one hanging of every TV in the house LOL!

Just for your Info Dan,

WD have released the WD TV Live which is the same as the one you posted but with one very important addition, It's got networking which is a major plus & it's only a few bucks more than the original.

LINK:

-

Nice info Gman, i'm off the Western HD Media Player, was abit iffy about the price and whether it wise to purchase it, if the Micro Media Player can play avi files that you can download of the net (ahmm lol), then its fine by me. They accept paypal aswell so im considering buying this tomrrow. (y)

Nice info Gman, i'm off the Western HD Media Player, was abit iffy about the price and whether it wise to purchase it, if the Micro Media Player can play avi files that you can download of the net (ahmm lol), then its fine by me. They accept paypal aswell so im considering buying this tomrrow. (y)

If avi's are you mainstay then that one will be fine, can't really go wrong for that money can you?

-

Recieved this yesterday, it really is good, played all the avi's that i've thrown at it, so brilliant.

Just a small glitch, nothing that im concerned about. When watching a movie. (avi), and decide to turn the volume up from the TV remote, the player will decide to react to it too. i.e. you will see that the volume is being turned up, but a menu will also appear on top of the movie being watching (transparent). It appears that when i press a button on the Cyclone Media Players remote, the LED light on the tv blinks too, like its able to detect an input (eventhough its not from the TV remote. Some sort of interference or confusion.

But overall, very happy that i've purchased it, now to purchase that HDMI lead for 1080p upscaling. :grin:

Nice one G. (y)

Back