micro sd

tommo1

hi anyone worked out what card is best for the H2H? I can't seem to get any cards i've tried over 50% and sticks
Is this a flaw in the Zgemma's with micro sd's?

This has been discussed a few times.

Are you using Openvix or OpenATV?

Usually openvix struggles to format the sd card. so you will need to get either a micro sd card to sd card adapter or micro sd card to usb adapter so you can format the micro sd card via pc/laptop using minitool partition wizard free or any other storage software which is simular.

Have a look here: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/83341-sd-card-setup-2.html#post512281

probably worth reading through that thread.

I'm also having issues on the latest builds of OpenATV too. Just doesn't format the card. I've done it in a USB reader, then put it in the socket - and even then it isn't recognised. I'll keep having a look at it if I get time.

maybe zgemma shouldn't have a micro sd card slot on their boxes if they dont work. Just make do with the usb or hard drive. That's provided a hard drive works with the box. If anyone has managed to get theirs working i would love to know what type of card they used.

the SD card on my box works... & I'm on openvix (unoffical image) which isn't supported.
I cant say whether it works on openatv or if it doesn't but if it doesn't work it does make you question, why release a sd card port which wont work with the current firmware they have/had at the time.
However if you do your research you will find workarounds

I wouldn't think that the brand of sd card has much to do with it. Obviously use a branded sd card which is class 10 (max performance) I'm using SanDisk Ultra 64gb MicroSD XC It took me a while to get it to work I remember that, but then came across the guide I linked in this thread and that worked :)

Back