Microsoft phone scammers

Tich

TK Veteran
Just had a phone call claiming to be from Microsoft As they noticed my computer was running slow (its not)
I know its a scam so i thought i would play them at their own game
The woman claimed to be from Microsoft ( seemed to be a call centre in India or close to it) And she had noticed my computer was running slow and could fix it for £27 50p,
I said that was very good for the price, She said i would have to pay first by credit card and she would fix it told her my credit card was in my wallet upstairs so will just go and get it
My mate was in my house so got him to ring my mobile Got back on the house phone and gave the woman 4 random numbers which she thought was my bank details,when my mobile rang asked her if she could hold the line while i answered my mobile as i was expecting a important call ,She said no problem.
Pretended to be on the mobile for about 20 mins trying not to laugh
Went back on to the house phone the women was still on there eager to get rest of bank details Where i politely told her to F**K OFF the scamming bitch
In the end it cost them about 25 mins of phone call and got nothing
Play them at their own game

Question---how does a call centre in India monitor millions of ip addresses to obtain your telephone number to say your pc is running slow?
I know the scams are getting good nowadays but this must be one of the worst.
Reaper.

That's why I had to laugh as you know as soon as you pick up the phone , you get that delay before they speak I take it she came from that area as the accent and most call centres do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after warning a mate ages ago about this, she came in the other day and said someone from microsoft had called her, i said did you tell them where to go...... no she says, he told me what to do, she only went and let im in her laptop remotely, and he said you dont use this computer alot, which she dont as she cant get the hang of it, anyway he was on it for about 3/4 of an hour by the time he had got her to enter whatever, then said he would phone her back the next day at 1pm to fix it and get her bank details, in the meantime she came and told me, i checked her lappy he had took her avast and another few things off, little barsteward, so i set her lappy back to out the box with the disc (win 7), showed her the vids on youtube of the scam, anyway the bloke phoned back as he said he would, she pretended for over an hour while he was on the phone that the laptop would'nt let her online, he patiently tried all these differnt ways to try and get her online, she said here... tell my friend what to do, i got the phone, and he was saying what does it say, i said there is some warning coming up on the screen, he said what does it say, i said , it says tell mirosoft man he tell lies..........line went dead , nearly pissed myself lauging,

Question---how does a call centre in India monitor millions of ip addresses to obtain your telephone number to say your pc is running slow?
I know the scams are getting good nowadays but this must be one of the worst.
Reaper.

They are not preying on knowledgeable people, they are looking for the technophobic amongst us - the likes of my parents who are only just discovering the internet. what they do is ask you to log into a website, and they then take control of your pc thus convincing you that it is riddled with viruses, which funnily enough they can sort remotely.

Hi all, unfortunately to many people fall for these scams which is why they are still in play , even my wife assumed that they were genuine announcing that I had to" come quick, there is somebody from Microsoft on the phone, something about your computer is not right". LOL! been having these calls from Asia somewhere for at least two year.

Back