Microsoft Releases Free Anti Virus

Microsoft's free anti-malware now officially known as Microsoft Security Essentials, since it first hit the rumor-mill.

If you're eager to try it out, MSE beta is available for download now.

The catch: Microsoft is capping MSE downloads at 75,000 and you'll need to be in the U.S., Israel, or Brazil to try out the beta so get it while it's hot.

Is that why you didn't post a download link Noely LOL!

-

lol just found it this morning, wanted to see what people thought ;)

I`m sticking with the Avira G :)

lol just found it this morning, wanted to see what people thought ;)

I`m sticking with the Avira G :)

Free is good Noely & it will eventually be available here too.

It's no harm to give the likes of Symantec a run for their money for sure.

They have being legally extorting money from millions of users for decades now, not to mention grinding their systems to a hault as well.

The new MS software is supposed to have a very light footprint so it might not be too demanding on system resources, that has to be a plus IMO.

Just another little thing to be aware of too, in typical Microsoft fashion,

You can only download it using Internet Explorer & you must have a Live account LOL!

-

"You can only download it using Internet Explorer & you must have a Live account"

yep, Good old microsoft lol

"You can only download it using Internet Explorer & you must have a Live account"

yep, Good old microsoft lol

Just one more reason to pass. Avast! worked good for me in the past and Avira is working good now. And they are both free as well.

Perhaps it's time i look into something different. I've been an AVG user for years. That is until the bloated version 8 came out. I'm not real keen on it since then. Perhaps it's time to try Avira or Avast.

Oh...and i'll be skipping M$ offering on this one. lol

Perhaps it's time i look into something different. I've been an AVG user for years. That is until the bloated version 8 came out. I'm not real keen on it since then. Perhaps it's time to try Avira or Avast.

Oh...and i'll be skipping M$ offering on this one. lol

7th i have been using avast for a few years now and find it great i did switch over to avira for a while (just to try it) but didnt like it in particular a pop up that comes with it so im back to avast again and have no issues with it.

Have to say, I find the avira very good to use.
Plus it updates every day for me which I like (I can live with an avira pop up once a day :) )

Personally I use AVG and no problems with it on both PC and Laptop

Are you running ver. 8 or 8.5? Just out of curiousity.

I'm seriously thinking about changing. If i wanted something redundantly bloated, i'd have stuck with Symantec. lol

free eh?sometimes even that isnt enough.if this is anything like live one care i think i will pass.

Back