Minecraft forge

Bindon100

Hi was asked by my daughter to put minecraft mods on her minecraft game on her laptop as watched a video on youtube how to do it does anyone know a good guide or how to vid as this video just says type minecraft forge in google and download it tried on 2 diff computers and had a virus both times anyone know of a mich safer way bit new to pc games as never put the xbox down

Oh the joys of Minecraft and mods, great once working.

OK, Minecraft forge is here: Minecraft Forge you need to downoad the right version for your daughters MC version, at the moment it is 1.8.9. When she starts the launcher, it tells you in the bottom right hand corner which version of MC will run.

Once you install forge (using the installer) it will add a Mods button to the Minecraft Front screen (after launcher) and will also alter the launcher a little. This is how you know forge installed correctly. With the game closed you can add mods to the folder: %appdata% then go into .minectaft then into mods.

in your windows searchbox or run window (depending on windows version) type: %appdata% then click through the folders as above.

So you would download your required mod all for version 1.8 if that is the general version you are running and then drop the zip file into the mods folder.

Minecraft Comes Alive you need the mod and the redix core. - Adds interacting people to MC
Not Enough Items Increases your storage to loads
Loads of other mods

The more you do it the more it makes sense. My Name is "Dad can you get me a mod please" at the moment.

Some mods are more complicated but most are just a zip file. Load MC and click the Mods button, you should see that something like the name you expect is listed. Done, hero dad!

Good luck

OK, Minecraft forge is here: Minecraft Forge you need to downoad the right version for your daughters MC version, at the moment it is 1.8.9. When she starts the launcher, it tells you in the bottom right hand corner which version of MC will run.

Once you install forge (using the installer) it will add a Mods button to the Minecraft Front screen (after launcher) and will also alter the launcher a little. This is how you know forge installed correctly. With the game closed you can add mods to the folder: %appdata% then go into .minectaft then into mods.

in your windows searchbox or run window (depending on windows version) type: %appdata% then click through the folders as above.

So you would download your required mod all for version 1.8 if that is the general version you are running and then drop the zip file into the mods folder.

Minecraft Comes Alive you need the mod and the redix core. - Adds interacting people to MC
Loads of other mods

The more you do it the more it makes sense. My Name is "Dad can you get me a mod please" at the moment.

Some mods are more complicated but most are just a zip file. Load MC and click the Mods button, you should see that something like the name you expect is listed. Done, hero dad!

Good luck
Cheers mate only just woke up will give it a bash later bloody thing !!!

---------- Post Merged at 01:43 PM ----------

Loads of other mods

Good luck

Hi mate just noticed your name i a member on here for a while started when i was setting up openboxs and slybox the f3 and stuff jut bought a zgemma h.2s box yestetday and downloaded your easy build thing for it will give it a bash when it turns up thanks for the help on both things

---------- Post Merged at 01:44 PM ----------

Good luck I used to have the joys of this with my daughter thank god she grew out of it

Cheers mate she prob will by the time i get it sorted !

Hi just to update thread i got it working thanks for the info got a few mods on there it was 1.8.9 version i think so downloaded a few as not all mods for that version so will wait and keep checking are there other good sites for mods ?

Well done. Mods for 1.8 may work even though she is running 1.8.9, try them and see, worst that happens is the launcher crashes. Delete the one you just added and all is good.

I don't know to be honest, I hear my name and mod and she says "that one". Just watch out for all the adverts on the pages. I use Ad Block Plus to avoid them. It is a chrome extension.

Yeah did my face in the ads so did it on my phone and put it on the laptop via a 2in 1 usb in the end not sure what i did to her laptop when i first tried but thinking i may take it to the shop and see if they can get all the ads that pop up to stop as it annoying the shit out of me bought in currys round the corner so might as well the links in here are great thanks and will try the 1.8 as well the first 4 tht were 1.8 didnt work but all the 1.8.9 ones have so great now moving on to my tv box now ! no holding me back !

---------- Post Merged at 11:53 PM ----------

Those ads are not just on my pc then !!!! Duh was taking the laptop back ! Will try the ad block plus tomorrow when i boot it up

No, they are adverts on those sites. Ad Block Plus basically hides them but makes the world of difference.

OK, download these on your computer.

The first will open a black window and check for junk and remove anything it finds, it may want to restart your PC.
The second WILL restart your computer but will remove junk it finds
The third is a full blown 14 day trial which I sell to my customers and have it installed on my own PC

Feel free to read about them first before running them, but they are safe.

1. Junkware Removal Tool Download

2. AdwCleaner Download

3. https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Ok cheers i have the bt version of macaffe or whatever it is on there with windows 10 will give them a whirl mostly try thing out on my cheapo laptop before using them on her new one

Back