Mira sprint electric shower

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
well just gone to have a shower and nothing but stone cold water coming out ffs.
Pull cord isolator is lit up and theres no warning lights on the shower etc any ideas folks would be much appreciated and please bear in mind im no electrician lol so leymans terms only lol cheers.

Is it a square pull switch,?
Notorious for burnt out neutrals.
Mira are a good shower, I have a Flex iirc, most common problems with the actual shower is pressure switch failing, so shower doesn't know water flowing to energise element, or it could be the actual element itself.
The shower is getting power as it is opening the valve to allow water through, so element fairly likely.
If you need a replacement shower , Wickes own brand are rebadged Triton, so a good(ish) make for a budget price.

Is it a square pull switch,?
Notorious for burnt out neutrals.
Mira are a good shower, I have a Flex iirc, most common problems with the actual shower is pressure switch failing, so shower doesn't know water flowing to energise element, or it could be the actual element itself.
The shower is getting power as it is opening the valve to allow water through, so element fairly likely.
If you need a replacement shower , Wickes own brand are rebadged Triton, so a good(ish) make for a budget price.
Yes mate pull switch is a square mk 50amp i think and it was replaced last year because it was burnt inside etc but no water was coming through shower that time etc just had a google and it mentions something about a thermal cut off switch on top and test for continuity etc.

Always a good idea not to have nuts in the same shower :fearscream: when my bathroom got revamped with a soaker i added my old triton in case immersion is off and water not hot enough.Second backup mira downstairs if needed.
Different sources can be handy if and when needed.

20190819_191849.jpg

Just checked continuity on the thermal switch but nothing so hopefully its this that has blown and just ordered a new one and fingers crossed

Had a butchers around inside but couldnt see anything that resembles a reset switch or owt so not a clue lol just have to see what happens when new part arrives but cheers for the feedback (y)

Back