Miraclebox Hybrid help please. Only T2 Tuner detected.

Spangles

Hi, I've got a Miraclebox Premium Hybrid T2/DVB-C tuner for both terrestial and cable. However when I go to set up it says there is only one tuner detected which is T2. I understand that the cable connection for both T2 and DVB-C is the same one which looks like a TV aerial connection. I just don't know how to get it to detect cable.

I have connected the ethernet to my router and I'm getting an IP address but I've completely forgot how to FTP the cccam line into the box. Do I connect the ethernet straight from my laptop to the Miraclebox? What do I input into the Filezilla settings when it asks for Username and Password? Is it Port 21?

Sorry for all the questions, hope you can help.

---------- Post Merged at 01:01 PM ----------

Sorry again, I've figured out how to select the DVB-C tuner. The left/right button didn't seem to work the first time I tried :nerd:

You have a single tuner box.

The same tuner can be set for terrestrial or cable.

In tuner configuration set it to cable.

Have a read through this guide here

for setting up your box.

You will need one of these too

ariel.jpg

when you connect to filezilla user name root password is root port 21,cccam file goes into ect,newcamd file goes into usr,keys

Hi guys, thanks very much for your help, I've got it set up now. Only now I think I've got a duff box because I can't get a signal for more than 10 seconds. BBC1 HD comes up clear as day and then freezes. Same happens on a few channels although some just report 'Tune Failed'. I have tested this box in another room where I have a different receiver (LX2) and hooked it up to all the same connections but I'm still getting no signal even though the LX2 works fine there.

Is there anything I could be missing or does that sound like a faulty tuner on the Miraclebox?

Thanks again for your help, very appreciated.

Hi bees I have a miraclebox premium twin had with two dvb-c tuners I can't record one channel and watch another not even on the fta channels I've tried cable from wall into tuner a and used a loop thru to tuner b and have also tried cable into a and b using a splitter no joy when I record a channel and flick over to another I get black screen then msg saying no data on transponder (timeout reading pat any ideas how to fix this

both tuners would be setup the same using correct net id and location enterered to allow abm to run.

yep thats correct,have you got a signal on both tuners?

forgot to mention both tuners are set on dvb/c?

I would have thought both tuners would have the same reading, try disabling tuner B
Then check tuner a is working how you expect it to (viewing and playback, recording)

Tuner a seems low, they used to say approx 85% or above for cable on boxes like KV etc, sat can be lower and still work fine.

Then do the same using b, disabling a, it should pinpoint if it's the tuner at fault.

try using mgcam 1.35a as i had a similar problem on my Vu+ duo 2 for some strange reason wouldn't allow me to record and watch a different channel.

on a wild thought abm is on correct net id and are you 100% sure you have correct net id from providers box.its odd 2 different signal readings.

when something odd like this happens one is asked to reflash box and use no restore settings,make sure line and cfg are stored to pc first and try a later image to see if it fixes problem .

Have also done this mate and still no joy very confused have tried lots of things still no joy lol thsnks for taking the time to help apreciate it
Dunno were that laughing emoji came from I never put it in

Last edited:
Just a thought, does your server supply multi room with the cable line ?

for example 2 x single tuners is the same as 1 x twin tuner, the server will see two channels
being used from the one IP address, check it is allowed.

Back