Mobile Data Deals

Ontap

I a few providers offer unlimited hotspot data with a MIFI hub for as little as £11.00 pm?

Given that the maximum speed I can get with fibre BB and wired devices is around 37mbps , I wonder what speeds wifi can generate with these hubs ? You can tether up to 12 devices. If speeds are comparable , there's no need to pay for a landline , which we all have to do for BB. I haven't had a landline phone plugged into my house for over 3 years anyway.
I used to have a mifi hb over a decade ago to use in a caravan we had on the coast and it worked very well back. then.
5g isn't available yet in my area.

Is that consistent tho,?
Mine were all over the place, using a 4G router and external antenna.
It's maybe to so with loading at different times of the day, I tried EE , 3 , and o2
Usually anything from 20-50 consistently but upload is shite on 4g that's on virgin mobile

I've always wondered if there's anyone on here who just pays for an Unlimited sim and just tethers everything. Seems a great Idea to save some cash but probably not practical. Ok i suppose if you only use a few devices.

I can't complain though really. I currently pay £19.50 for 100MB Broadband and £12.50 for 200GB 5G Sim with Unlimited Calls/Text. So £32 for both Broadband and Sim. My Speed on my EE Sim are more than my broadband though. Makes me wonder lol

@Ontap Not sure if you really want to do it on a budget but Three [Mixed Reviews on Signal] are offering an Unlimited Sim with £144 cashback which makes it just £6 a month. You could do that and pick up a Mifi separately. The TP Link M7200 is meant to be great.

18 X 12 = £216 - £144 Cashback = £72. Divide by 12 = Effective Monthly Cost = £6

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I have a huawei from 3 which is hanging on the pelmet in the back room of a bungalow which l got a few weeks back as a stand by if virgin didn't play ball. it gets 17mb down. That was first try l will try and source an aerial for it and stick it up the pole of motorised

I've always wondered if there's anyone on here who just pays for an Unlimited sim and just tethers everything. Seems a great Idea to save some cash but probably not practical. Ok i suppose if you only use a few devices.

I can't complain though really. I currently pay £19.50 for 100MB Broadband and £12.50 for 200GB 5G Sim with Unlimited Calls/Text. So £32 for both Broadband and Sim. My Speed on my EE Sim are more than my broadband though. Makes me wonder lol

@Ontap Not sure if you really want to do it on a budget but Three [Mixed Reviews on Signal] are offering an Unlimited Sim with £144 cashback which makes it just £6 a month. You could do that and pick up a Mifi separately. The TP Link M7200 is meant to be great.

18 X 12 = £216 - £144 Cashback = £72. Divide by 12 = Effective Monthly Cost = £6

View attachment 58816
gonna look into this , I currently have a sim only deal with "3" for my phone. Just to clarify what your saying ,the unlimited sim would be for a phone but I could then source a MiFi hub and use that sim in it ? Only asking bacause back over a decade ago the mifi I had neede a sim that you couldn't use in a phone ?

gonna look into this , I currently have a sim only deal with "3" for my phone. Just to clarify what your saying ,the unlimited sim would be for a phone but I could then source a MiFi hub and use that sim in it ? Only asking bacause back over a decade ago the mifi I had neede a sim that you couldn't use in a phone ?
That's what I'm getting that. I hope I'm right lol.

As far as I can see get that Sim or something similar and something like this and you should be good to go https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-M7...?dchild=1&keywords=mifi&qid=1614023293&sr=8-3

That Mifi takes all Sim sizes

Last edited:
That's what I'm getting that. I hope I'm right lol.

As far as I can see get that Sim or something similar and something like this and you should be good to go https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-M7...?dchild=1&keywords=mifi&qid=1614023293&sr=8-3

That Mifi takes all Sim sizes
I'd get a 4g router to do the job with ethernet ports so its just a straight swap with a normal phone modem/router. I believe 3 mobile do decent data packages as in unlimited but speed depends on location and reception ability. A payg 3 sim could be used to test this out before you invest.

Back